Tranny Missing a bolt... Thank you AAMCO | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tranny Missing a bolt... Thank you AAMCO

DDEBEXP

Reaction score
City, State
Duncanville, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 4x4 Eddie Bauer
I just recently had the tranny rebuilt from AAMCO. As i was changing my oil, i noticed that there was a bolt missing from under the pan with fluid leaking out. I was always wondering what was leaking. If AAMCO doesn't replace the bolt tomorrow, does anyone know the thread and size of the bolt and the torque spec? I have an 01 eddie with the 5r55e. Any info would be great. Thanks. By the way, would not recommend AAMCO if you are in El Paso, TX. I am now in Dallas, so they better honor that crap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hell you're lucky that's all thats missing. It's a wonder it works at all. I had an auto tech teaher in high school that told us horror stories about AAMCO.

I knew someone that had a freind that worked for AAMCO. He is the last person I would want working on my vehicles. He made a pot pipe out of transmission parts:eek: :eek: :eek:

Depends on the individual AAMCO, but for the most part, many that I've seen are running a racket. I've been both a Snap On dealer and a Safety Kleen dealer, and I got into a LOT of different shops. AAMCO had this deal where they had a transmission already disasembled on a cart they would roll out to show the customer how bad his was torn up.

They would then stick in a $25 seal soft parts kit, and shove it back out the door... while charging the customer thosands of $$$$ for their rebuild job.

yeah i got burned by aamco. i had them evac the trans fluid to swap to synthetic and they changed the filter and forgot to put the o ring on that tube that goes inside. three weeks later transmission goes and they say not their fault, the seal just came apart, they claim

We have to be careful ripping on all AAMCO shops. As I said above, I've seen some bad ones, but individual technicians actually do the work -- not shop names -- and there could be a good one somewhere.

Anyone? :rolleyes:

well, suprisingly enough this AAMCO right down the street from me in Duncanville, TX was pretty nice and pretty quick about fixing it. I am still gonna go under and double check. They are kinda making their own name bad by doing things like this.

Hell you're lucky that's all thats missing. It's a wonder it works at all. I had an auto tech teaher in high school that told us horror stories about AAMCO.

I knew someone that had a freind that worked for AAMCO. He is the last person I would want working on my vehicles. He made a pot pipe out of transmission parts:eek: :eek: :eek:
That is for sure I have a transmission from them from under a year ago and it's leaking around the bell housing hard shifting but my nearest is over two hours away. It doesn't leak when it stop just when it's going any ideas? You can see the bell housing is all wet Even after I wiped itt 0EFE4EED-FC68-4224-B1EE-0186B2EAA3A5.jpeg

Back