• Register Today It's free!

trans cooler lines

itslikewhooa

Reaction score
City, State
salem NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
ok so I've been working on my truck all weekend replacing my torque converter which i wish i had brought to someone and just paid to have done, but that's not here nor there.. my question is, because i cant for the life of me remember, which trans cooler line is which... when removing the transmission i noticed that both of the trans mission coolant lines were rusting out.. so i cleanly cut them both so that i could attach a rubber coolant line to them and bring them from the trans. to the radiator area... i know the one on the top (trans. side) is the return line... but does that go to the top one on the radiator side?? i hope i explained that right... any help will be great.. my Haynes repair book doesn't show anything on those lines. thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that link didnt realy help out much , because the last post said that it could be reverse like the the other car with the 4r70w transmission in it... anyway ive narrowed down that the top line on the transmission is the return line, now i just need to know what line on the radiator is the return line... please any help will get my truck back on the road... i ust spent the last hour trying to look it up with no luck... im about ready to crawl under someone else truck in a parking lot to figure this out... ahhhh

On mine:
arrows.png

awesome... thats what I had worked out in my head, and seeing this made me feel much better about hooking it up this way. thanks!

Back