Transfer case motor problem? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transfer case motor problem?

ah. this is probably why. its making total sense now :). thanks :). i had looked on other threads about the blower motor and this was indirectly said but i didn't make the connection. oh well lol :D

BrooklynBay said:
The blower motor probably turns a little slower when you are not stepping on the accelerator pedal, because your voltage drops slightly. Try turning on all of your lights, radio, defrost, wipers, and heater. Your voltage will be even lower. Once you start to accelerate, your voltage will go up, and provide more power for the blower to turn a little faster. It's not a big difference in voltage (maybe under a volt), but it' sjust enough to make a difference.

I'm still not convinced this was the problem.... ANY noise the blower motor would make would be coming from the passenger side under the hood or behind the dash, but definately NOT from underneath the truck. Besides that, simply turning the heat to OFF would stop the noise if, in fact, that was the problem. In all this time you had the problem, you never turned the heat off to get a better listen on the problem?

Oh, and can I get in an "I told ya' so" on the transfer case shift motor??? I must have said it at least three or four times already....

-Joe

yea u did tell me so lol. :). it made the noise again today! so much for the blower motor. ah. i'm gonna get jobs soon that are 5 minutes away. since i wont' be going faster than 35 mph i should be okay cause i can't hear it except when going 50 or 45 and slowing down. this way i can at least save up for someone to diagnose it :(. dumb car! why won't you just work right :( lol

Back