• Register Today It's free!

transfer case swap

coydog75

Reaction score
City, State
burney ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 explorer sport
need help i need a new transfer case for my 96 ex sport. can sombody tell what year of the bw1354 t case i can run in my sport. my sport has a 5 speed and i dont want the electric shift crap :mad: i have read alot of threads but im still :confused: any help would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a transfercase out of a 90 ford ranger bw 1354 perfect fit. but i need help fiding some parts any help would be great. i have the in cab shift lever but i cant find the bushing that goes on the end of the in cab lever were can i get this. and there must be a bushing for the bolt on the lever assembly. if anybody can help me find these parts or tell me how modifey or have pics of a good looking home made shifter so i can bulid something. thanks :thumbsup:

Just about any 1354 will work.

i have a 1356 t-case out of a 90 f-150 flange/yoke setup will it fit my 97 explorer with the 5R55E tranny

i want to have the option of having a 2wd or 4x4 not AWD so the BW4405 t-case is it a part time or full time

i want to have the option of having a 2wd or 4x4 not AWD so the BW4405 t-case is it a part time or full time

The 4405 T-case is what comes with the 4.0 4X4 explorer, if you don't want auto 4X4 you can do the Brown-wire-mod to your truck, Gijoecam has made a great thread on how to do this.

Back