• Register Today It's free!

Transfer case

coiceman89

Reaction score
City, State
Portsmouth,Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
Can anyone please tell me i have a F77A-7A195-GA transfer case for a 1997 explorer will a F57A-7A195-CA interchange with mine?please someone tell me there is about a 75 dollar difference between the two.Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum!

The CA will indeed work, BUT...you have to use the front drive shaft that was used for it. The only real difference in these 2 cases is the front output style. Make sure you get a front drive shaft from a 95-96 model for it.

Thank you so much i appericate it i looked everywhere for an GA transfer case hard to find called Ford they couldn't tell me nothing so u helped me out alot i got a CA with the front output shaft from a 1996 like u said i haven't had it put in yet i'll let u know how it goes thanks again.

I'm already learning alot believe me Ford told me that wouldn't work what the heck do they know huh lol i plan on having it put in next friday i told my mechanic what u said and he said i knew there was something different just didn't know what i've been looking now for almost three weeks for a GA so thanks again.

Does anyone know if a ford explorer 1998 cd/cassette player,will fit in a 1997 ford explorer cassette

^^ not the correct thread or place to ask, but yes, its a simple swap

Back