transmision problems are back again 97 exp. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

transmision problems are back again 97 exp.

coreysex

Reaction score
I replaced the clutch. It still wouldn't shift. I blead the lines. It shifted just fine for about fifty miles and and started doing the same thing. Won't go into gear at all. Checked all fluids, All are full. Any ideas? I put it on stands and had someone push the clutch and watched underneath, slave and clutch seemed to be working. I need help! Thanks.
:(:(:(

Can you shift by rev matching?

97 trans problem

The truck was in 3rd. when I parked. Got in to leave, pushed clutch , took it out of 3rd. it wouldn't go into reverse. Now it won't go into any gear. We replaced the slave and clutch a month ago and bled the system then. It has been working fine until this.

Even with the engine off it won't go into gear? Have you tried raising the revs slightly with the clutch depressed to shift into a gear?

When you shifted out of 3rd, did it make any type of grinding sound? What about when you tried to engage reverse?

You may want to pull your shifter and check the link on your shift tower, failing that, pull off the shift tower and look for misalignment.

Back