Transmission Fluid Fill Tube Part # ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Fluid Fill Tube Part # ?

celticchrys

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey guys, I have a 2004 Sport Trac, and the transmission fluid fill tube is rusted so severely that it is coming apart in large flakes of rust. Due to this, it's developed a slow leak. I've been searching and having trouble finding a part number for this. Does anyone know the Ford part number for the transmission fluid fill tube?
If anybody has an idea how long/complicated a job replacing it is, I'd appreciate the info.
Thanks!

Well, to answer half of my own question, it looks like it might be Ford part # 4L2Z7A228AA, which comes up on parts.ford.com for $22.88 at the moment. Local dealer told me it's a $100 part. Sigh.
Tube - Oil Filler | FordUS

Anybody replaced one of these? How hard is that single bolt to reach?

The whole side of mine is rusted out behind the wheel well.My original plan was to bend some copper tubing and use that but its impossible to get the bends right without a tubing bender and the dipstick wouldnt read correctly.Now im cutting out the rotted section and replacing it with 3/4" heater hose.

Back