Transmission leak not covered under 5 yr/50,000 powertrain warranty?! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission leak not covered under 5 yr/50,000 powertrain warranty?!

Just for the record, I never said it was a covered powertrain part. I just clarified that it was a trans leak and said pursue it or just get an external cooler installed and bypass the built in one.

Now you are back pedaling. So you never believed it to be a covered repair but told him to get an attorney to issue a demand letter? What good is paying an attorney to issue a demand letter on a repair not covered under warranty? If you believed it wasnt a covered repair, you would not state something like this IMO. Sorry, not sorry.

The OP already stated (actually quoted) what the dealership said. The condensor is not covered.. and the trans cooler (thanks to the above details of the powertrain) is not covered. The leak is not internal, therefor NO warranty.

Nobody here is pissing and moaning.. in fact, this thread has been pretty on point and overall a fair discussion except for your little jabs that seem to be quite constant on this forum lately.

Now you are back pedaling. So you never believed it to be a covered repair but told him to get an attorney to issue a demand letter? What good is paying an attorney to issue a demand letter on a repair not covered under warranty? If you believed it wasnt a covered repair, you would not state something like this IMO. Sorry, not sorry.

The OP already stated (actually quoted) what the dealership said. The condensor is not covered.. and the trans cooler (thanks to the above details of the powertrain) is not covered. The leak is not internal, therefor NO warranty.

Nobody here is pissing and moaning.. in fact, this thread has been pretty on point and overall a fair discussion except for your little jabs that seem to be quite constant on this forum lately.
No back pedaling. I have my attorney write all kinds of demand letters. I get them free, but they aren't expensive (the attorneys I use typically bill them at $100-125). It is a tool in the proverbial toolbox. Use it or not. Not my concern.

As you've stated many times in the past, dealers have a lot of discretion and an oem also has discretion. Sometimes a letter from an attorney can be that little persuasion that can help, so I suggested it. I don't know the op or what he/she is willing to do.

If you misinterpreted my statements, that is on you. Maybe you confused my comments with those of another person in this thread. Sorry, but not sorry.

Last Friday, I placed a call directly to the Ford Customer service line for the third time which is obviously located in India. They admitted they had dropped the ball in addressing my complaint. Still nothing 5 days later.

Thanks for all the input. Its greatly appreciated. I told the dealer I have owned 7 cars in my life. 6 were Fords and 5 came from that dealer. I am a loyal Ford customer and experiencing no customer service.

Back