Transmission leak on hose between radiator and tranny cooler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission leak on hose between radiator and tranny cooler

Reaction score
City, State
Everett Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT 5.0 V8
My 2000 Ford Explorer 5.0 V8 has had transmission fluid collecting on the rubber hose that runs from the bottom of the radiator to the transmission cooler wondering what could be causing this leak and if anyone has had a similar issue. From a visual inspection while running I cannot see it leaking from anywhere but the rubber hose that goes from the transmission line to the transmission cooler is coated in fresh transmission fluid. It is a very minor leak I am less than a quart low on transmission fluid but I would like to fix the issue before it gets worse and causes a bigger issue.

image.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the same leak 1 time tightening up the hose clamp fixed it
It's either at 8 mm socket or 1⁄4" socket
Just snugg it up don't rip through the hose
If you decide to replace the hose make sure you use transmission cooler line hose only

I had the same leak 1 time tightening up the hose clamp fixed it
It's either at 8 mm socket or 1⁄4" socket
Just snugg it up don't rip through the hose
If you decide to replace the hose make sure you use transmission cooler line hose only
Okay that’s what I was thinking did you end up topping off your transmission fluid and if so did you just fill through the dipstick tube until the level was correct

Okay that’s what I was thinking did you end up topping off your transmission fluid and if so did you just fill through the dipstick tube until the level was correct
Yes and yes

Yeah looks to me like that clamp popped?

That hose looks spongy, best replace it.

Back