Truck would not accelarate | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck would not accelarate

dloera21

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac 2003
I have a 2003 Sport Trac. Yesterday I noticed that the truck started to tremble while I was driving and my A/C wasnt cooling anymore. A few minutes later the tremble continued and I noticed that as much as I would try to accelarate it would go more than 20 mph, Until I finally had to pull over. I turned off the truck poped the hood and it was not overheating. I didnt know what else to check but the truck was not hot. When I got back on the truck and turned it on I was able to accelarate without a problem. I did notice that once I got to 50mph it was harder to reach 60mph.

Ever since I bought my truck back in 2003 I have always used Full Synthetic Oil, I went to have my oil changed and I completely forgot to ask for synthetic and got regular oil. Would regular oil have anything to do with that?

Welcome to the site and the Sport Trac forum!

More likely a fuel filter/pump/pressure regulator problem. Your description sounds like it was in limp mode from overheating but you say it wasn't hot.......... Double check all of the electrical connections around the air intake & fuel system parts. May need to clean the MAF, WITH the proper cleaner, NOT carb cleaner.

You don't have one of those hot air sucking Cold Air Intakes do you? Or an over-oiled K&N?

Oil........no.

Back