True Dual Exhaust - Need opinions on TIPS - see photos | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

True Dual Exhaust - Need opinions on TIPS - see photos

Dual pipe - dual exhaust back exit
img_0513.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about one of the Borla tips, they are nice, but expensive?

exhaust tip Borla 20132.jpg

I love the "sock factor" on the back window gets me every time
@4pointslow

I kinda like the look, but the performance guy in me and the 4wheeler says Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see 90 degree bends and tail pipes getting smashed by the bumper.........................looks cool though and I bet it sounds mean.

Okay, I've debated on going dual as well, I like the straight back, one on each end of the bumper look, similar MuscleJunkie's exploder. Just deciding on what equipment to go with, I want to get the most rumble out of my 4.0 SOHC. I want louder and more rumble, I know it'll never sound like a V8 but I've heard a couple of exploders and rangers with the same and smaller V6s that sound so dang good. Suggestions anyone?

Okay, I've debated on going dual as well, I like the straight back, one on each end of the bumper look, similar MuscleJunkie's exploder. Just deciding on what equipment to go with, I want to get the most rumble out of my 4.0 SOHC. I want louder and more rumble, I know it'll never sound like a V8 but I've heard a couple of exploders and rangers with the same and smaller V6s that sound so dang good. Suggestions anyone?
Having a V6 sound better like a bigger engine will be about altering the tone as much as possible. Making it sound deeper would be the best way, so avoid big tips that amplify the tone. Make the middle section bigger, that should add sound depth.

I'd simply replace the one muffler, with two that you like the sound of the best, even if you just feed the two back into one tailpipe. The mufflers create the main sound quality, tone, while the pipes and tips etc, those tweak that sound, louder or more shrill etc. This is just my guess from reading of tons about other exhaust results and comments.

I have a 2.5" single muffler and tailpipe on my SOHC 99 Explorer. It sounds pretty good, slightly deeper and louder than stock, but it's still kind of obvious that it's not a V8. I did that in 2007 and it was a very small attempt to gain power and a better sound. I don't believe it gained any power at all from that small change, but it does sound better. There's plenty of room for two mufflers, I'd try that if I did it again.

Having a V6 sound better like a bigger engine will be about altering the tone as much as possible. Making it sound deeper would be the best way, so avoid big tips that amplify the tone. Make the middle section bigger, that should add sound depth.

I'd simply replace the one muffler, with two that you like the sound of the best, even if you just feed the two back into one tailpipe. The mufflers create the main sound quality, tone, while the pipes and tips etc, those tweak that sound, louder or more shrill etc. This is just my guess from reading of tons about other exhaust results and comments.

I have a 2.5" single muffler and tailpipe on my SOHC 99 Explorer. It sounds pretty good, slightly deeper and louder than stock, but it's still kind of obvious that it's not a V8. I did that in 2007 and it was a very small attempt to gain power and a better sound. I don't believe it gained any power at all from that small change, but it does sound better. There's plenty of room for two mufflers, I'd try that if I did it again.
I see a lot of explorers rocking the flowmaster 40 series, usually sound pretty good. The dual muffler, single outlet ain't a bad idea, but I'm terrible to my wallet and do like the dual outlet lol

So I'll probably end up with dual 2.5" pipes, dual mufflers. Just have to price them out and find a place thats willing to do it. But, these are future plans thanks to it being a money pit from repairs lol

Back