Trustworthy HID kits?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trustworthy HID kits??

I was wondering if anyone knew of a trustworthy HID kit seller on eBay or any other site. I'm not conserned with price all i want is something that wont screw up. if any one has had their HID kit for a year or more please post nothing less please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea those are really good brands but be prepared to pay a pretty penny for them.

I bought a no-name eBay brand for my headlights and they work just fine, and I bought Xentex off of eBay for my fogs and they work just as good.

I Have "Top Speed H.I.DS" in my ex and they work pretty good, ive had the same ones in my Eclipse and no problems after a year of using them. just a heads up when you finally decide to get them, make sure you get ones with a digital ballast as they regulate the voltage to the lights better and they have a less failure rate than standard ballast

And your FM radio will **** out, I guess the frequencies interfere or something, but mine is all static as soon as I turn the HIDs on.

And your FM radio will **** out, I guess the frequencies interfere or something, but mine is all static as soon as I turn the HIDs on.

ya know it might be because i have a digital ballast but i dunno, my radio never gave me any problems.

i rarly listen to the radio i use my ipod alot does any one have problems with serius or XM??
also, what about color? im looking for a pinkish like the merc montegos and lincoln Navis and the caddy escalades have or a mid-lite blueish like non projector mercedes and BMWs. does anyone have these colors and what temp did you buy?

my HIDS are 10k and they emit a purplish/bluish tint. or as some say pinkish bluish tint

I have 8k and there light blue and I dont have any problems with my FM radio I dont know what kinda ballast they are but there 50w

$72 for single beam and $120 for bi-xenon. vvme.com. fast shipping and no problems. recommended to all my friends and they have no problems. i have 6000k. remeber the higher in number the less brightness you'll get.

temperature.jpg

well the lower degree (anything past natural daylight) is the dimmer it gets too just like anything over daylight

has anyone gone by ford and priced OEM ford/linc/merc HIDs i think i might do this tommarow btw i think i want the 1000k and then 3000k for the fogs unless ford has a good deal with good warrenty

Well I priced just a ballast from fast parts network for a Lincoln Mark VIII and they wanted $525 for one:eek: but you may be able to find one cheaper for another vehicle. Also the other thing is getting the correct bulb to fit in your headlight housing.

well if ive done my reasearch i think that in MOST cases you can use any ballest with any HID blub as long as you make new connectors to match and fit or buy them so that they fit. so with that i was gonna try and look on ebay for some OEM ballests b/c the ballest is the most expensive part and with out a good ballest your HIDs suck (im comparing HIDs to what i know about home/office fluorescent lighting) correct me though if im wrong and btw my neighbor is a Turner Motor Sport (bmw aftermarket/OEM parts manufactuer) would be able to get me some bmw ballests for whole sale (just thought of this idea) so let me know if any ones got any ideas on this

Back