Trying to find a check valve grommet! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trying to find a check valve grommet!

Darrman

Reaction score
City, State
Waxahachie, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4/2001 Sport
Does anybody know where I can get a new brake booster check valve grommet? I found out tonite where that hissing I have been hearing is coming from, the grommet is literally falling apart.
I tried the usuals, local parts stores, ebay, online ford parts sites, and nothing. You get one when you buy a booster, but mine is in great shape still and I am not paying $60 for a grommet :eek:
Any help will be greatly appreaciated, Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Junkyard would be pretty cheap..;)

...I've seen them in the help section before but it may be a rare item now a days..:dunno:

I got mine at the help isle of a autoparts store. I think it was an autozone. I had to look around but eventually found one. It was an extremely tight fit so a drop of vegatable oil or soap made everything fit effortlessly.

Well after searching everywhere else, I ended up back at the stealership and coughed up the $10 for a stinkin grommet, jeez. I also got some new battery cables while I was at it.
Thanks for everybodys help, I still cant believe that this simple grommet isnt sold somewhere!

Thought I would share with people that I had a severely cracked grommet on the brake booster valve and I got a replacement at NAPA for about $8.50. It came with a new valve and grommet, both are exactly the same. The valve is made in Mexico while the rubber is made in the USA. The part number for my 1991 was UP 89000 and can be seen here:
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...e-Booster-Check-Valve/_/R-UBP89000_0063321048

Here you can see my old one (bottom) and the new one (top):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/vehicles/1991 Explorer/Pictures/IMG_20131114_125741.jpg

Hopefully this helps someone out.

Back