TT and Shackles/Add a Leaf | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TT and Shackles/Add a Leaf

What are you running now?

I finally saved up and coughed up the cash for the 4 inch superlift. The trucks rides a 100% better. Now that I look back on it.... the money, time, parts, alignments, and frustration I would of been better off doing the superlift first instead of the tt and add a leaf, shackle, 4 door leaf pack swap on the rear

I also got a three inch body lift on the rig

Here's a couple old pics of mine. Just a TT in the front, and I made my own shackles for the rear.

Explorer007.jpg

Explorer008.jpg

The only difference from then to now is the amount of body damage my X has.

Help!

Ok I've got a 1998 xlt explorer. I'm wanting to put 33" under it but don't know how much lift I need to make it look good. I'm gonna go with a body lift. And also where can I find the lifts

I recently bought a 99 Mountaineer 5.0 and want to do a small lift (2 inches or so) to it but don't really know what my options are. I'm thinking about getting my rear springs re-arched and getting an add-a-leaf for the rear end because I tow a small cargo trailer. What can I do to the front? I'm guessing that TT means torsion twist but what is that or how is that done exactly? What other options do I have for the front end of my Mountaineer? I want a dependable truck so I don't want to add stress to front end componets.

Back