TT and wheel alignment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TT and wheel alignment

Can anyone tell me - If I do the TT will it throw off the front wheel alignment? How bad? and can it be overcome with a realigment? I am going to buy 31's and considering the TT move with shackles.

Thanks for any help

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes you definately need an alignment afterwards. You need to get camber adjusters in order to get the camber back into spec. You can either have the alignment shop install the adjusters and do the alignment or you can install the adjusters yourself and then take it to the shop for the alignment if you want to save a few dollars.

Adjusters

Where can I buy the camber adjusters?

napa has them for 95+ but not sure about your 92

cost

How much do they cost? (ballpark figure)

About $20 - $25 per side in my area.

$24.65 per side.

is it hard to install the chamber adjusters, and do i really need them? know of any links to the instll steps?

anyone?

If you get just the cams, they go in place of the stock non adjustable cams. Remove a nut, slip off the old and on with the new. If you get a whole cam and cam bolt kit, you would take off the old cam bolt and cam, and slip on the new. Pretty simple shouldn't take more than an hour.

Thanks for all the info - you've been very helpfull

I am not sure about your 92, but with my 97, I did not need any additional parts when I took my truck in for allignment after the TT of ~2 inches. I guess every truck could be different though.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "TT" refer to?

torsion twist..to lift the front of the EX up

where is the talk of a 92? i didnt see that anywhere in this post...

a 92 uses eccentric camber bushings, as it is the TTB system.... way different and not compatible with the 95+

92s don't have torsion bars, they have coils

Back