• Register Today It's free!

TT Lift!

greenmtnboy

Reaction score
City, State
North Clarendon, Vt
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford F250
How do you go about doing a torsion twist? I am getting 2"-2.5" add-a-leafs for the rear of my rig and I see that every one is doing TT lifts to the front! I was wondering how difficult it is to do a TT lift or if I should even do one to begin with? If anyone has any comments of ideas they will be graciously accepted and seriously contemplated. Thanks - Nate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you are 4wd, you shouldnt go more than 2 inches. search for torsion twist, many threads and a how to about it.

i only got 1.75 outta mine. ..but you just crank up the ajuster bolts..then have it alinged.

yeah also..like the guy above said..if your 4x4..dont go over 2"

Thanks for the answers, guys! I now know what I am going to do to my X. I am getting ProComp add-a-feafs for the rear and doing a TT to the front. Someone contacted me at my SoundDomain site to give me some advise and I am taking it. Later - Nate

i just recently got a 00 limited explorer and im gonna crank the torsion bars but ive never done it but i know how....when yall get about 1.75 inches of lift out of yours, how much do you turn the bolts? thanks.

how much to turn the bolts depends onhthe vehicles current specs... there is no way t osay turn bolt 10 turns tight... ther procedure is listed here on this site.. you will find it with a search. you will need to take actual before and after vehicle measurements

one side for me was about 10 and the other was 15 i think. maybe not that hugher but they were not that same amount of turns. and yes definetly take before and after measurements.

maybe we'll have a TT party and do yours and Matt's at the same time :thumbsup:

haha you guys think about it too much ;) just turn them, and measure...and repeat if necessary until wanted results are reached.

izackary said:
maybe we'll have a TT party and do yours and Matt's at the same time :thumbsup:

Yeah, and when I get my newer truck this spring, will you guys help me out? And so y'all don't have to come down to Connecticut, I'll meet you guys anywhere you want :)

Back