tube running board... will these work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tube running board... will these work?

Reaction score
City, State
la jolla, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer xlt
i have been thinking about getting a body lift in the near future for my 99 x. i want to hide all that frame rail a little by a running board, but dont like the goofy stock mounted board that the x came with. has anyone looked into something like these?

http://www.smittybilt.com/step_predator/main.html

cant really tell how they mount up as well as how long they actually are. they look *****en though.

pete

looks like they dont have an explorer application. but if you cant find one that mounts right, you an always make a plate to move the mounts...somethin like that. when theres a will theres a way man...i say go for it. good luck

yeah i was thinking i might have to do some cutting or drilling. they have some at a local shop. im gonna swing by with some measureing tape over the weekend and see if the steps will align with the doors.

pete

to be honest...you could probably have a set built for your truck for less than ****tybuilt will charge...and there wont be any headaches in trying to figure out how to mount them up.

Back