• Register Today It's free!

Two quickies!

explr1

Reaction score
City, State
Wappingers Falls, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 PONTIAC G6 GT
I did two quick mods this weekend. I switched the center console with a Sport-Trac for the removable bag. I used the cup holder, arm rest and mount covers from my original console for a two tone effect. It took 10 minutes to change and only cost $35 for a new look and now I can take my stuff with me!!! The other thing I did was hard mount my Maglite.

Attachments

• web truck ii 056.jpg
    web truck ii 056.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 217

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres the Maglite mounted.

Attachments

• web truck ii 061.jpg
    web truck ii 061.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 210

Looks good man! I really need to pick up a maglight sometime. Although my b-day is coming up...why don't u get me one;) The console looks awsome!:thumbsup:

looks great! is the console with the bag from ford?did u get it at the dealer?

Like the look. I also really like where you mounted the Maglite, I have been trying to figure where to mount mine so it's out of the way, but easy to get to. This will work great.

Originally posted by matt97
looks great! is the console with the bag from ford?did u get it at the dealer?

Yes, the console is from Ford. It's the ones that are in all the Explorer Sport-Trac's. I got the center console on eBay for $10 without the bag about three weeks ago. I lucked out on the mysporttrac.com forums and got the bag from a very nice girl that wrecked her Sport-Trac a few months ago for only $25!!!

Looks good, i mounted my mag light in the same spot.

those bags are also in explores. my aunts came with one in it. i like them as well.

Are those the plastic Maglight mounting brackets or did you find some good metal ones?

That center console looks sweet. Is it a perfect fit for yours?

i assume you still have full use of the arm rest. is that a '97 you did it on, if it is i also assume it'll work on my '96. looks awsome though and a great idea

Originally posted by canada74
i assume you still have full use of the arm rest. is that a '97 you did it on, if it is i also assume it'll work on my '96. looks awsome though and a great idea

Yes, everthing works the same. I had the arm rest up when I took the picure. Should fit 95 and up.

Originally posted by explr1
Should fit 95 and up.

Actually, that style of console fits 91+ Explorers.

Back