Two Reboots for System Maintenance in 3 days | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Two Reboots for System Maintenance in 3 days

RandyH2

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited AWD
This is something new to me. In 1500 miles of driving I had never seen a System Maintenance reboot, now I have had 2 in 3 days and the day in between I only drove about 5 miles.

Are the reboots triggered remotely by the Sync system or is this a sign of something failing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is something new to me. In 1500 miles of driving I had never seen a System Maintenance reboot, now I have had 2 in 3 days and the day in between I only drove about 5 miles.

Are the reboots triggered remotely by the Sync system or is this a sign of something failing?

What version are you running?

I've had the same issue over the last week or so running v2.7 -- in the middle of being on the phone, or just driving the screen goes black and then wham! System Maint (which I think is marketing speak for 'system crashed, rebooting').

Set up for next weekend to go to dealer and get either v2.8 or v2.10, will report back which it is. Also going to get that A pillar rattle fixed.

Ours is version 2.4.

Ours is version 2.4.

Upgrading to 2.8 will reduce, but probably not completely eliminate the number of system maintenance actions and 2.8 will increase the responsiveness of the system. The dealer will do that upgrade free of charge. If the system maintenance screen doesn't come back, and if you don't have any other reason to visit the dealer, you can wait and until the next revision, or your next oil change and take care of it then.

Mine is a week old, 600 miles and had 2.8 from delivery. I've had it now do this three times! Twice when i was trying to show the damn thing off! After a few minutes it reboots and all is good but it's pretty frustrating. I've seen a few oddities with it but overall I'm actually still very happy. I could rant and moan but it's software and I bought a first year vehicle knowing this was out there.

On a positive note, I had an Acura Mdx that was fully loaded and it's got nothing on the ex limited! Ford has really stepped up their game.

Back