Ultra4 National Championship in Vegas 9/27/13 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ultra4 National Championship in Vegas 9/27/13

C'mon Brian...You know you want to..:D

..How many Explorers have been in Ricks yard at one time?

BBQ Sunday noon?

Weather in Congress should be 83-57*

I will have some room in my fridge for food and hope to be in Congress either late Thurs or early Friday am for safety meeting..;)

..and it's still early but..

More than 40 drivers have agreed to the new race venue, including all top 10 series points drivers.

There are 17 entered so far who have not qualified for KOH and 10 of them will get in so there will be some serious racing not just for year end championship points but also to get into the King Of The Hammers Race 2014 ..:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I'm 99.9% in. Should know 100% for sure by tomorrow. I'm not in for a Sunday BBQ though, I'll be heading north up to Prescott either Sat evening or Sunday morning to go check out my property and walk thru my house and then hit the road from there back to Vegas.

Has anyone seen race details of when it's starting and how late it's expected to run?

..A big early, Sunday breakfast then could work before everyone heads off..That is if anything is open that early or we could use my Cadac grill..:dunno:

..Race will start by or before 8 am and I am sure they will run till dark or later..Dave is pretty good about trying to let everyone finish the race even if they only have one tire left, with reverse gear running only, finishing the race sideways on their lid..:D

..With as short notice it has been getting this race totally changed and setup, there will be more information coming out and I'm sure some of the stuff won't be answered until the first drivers meeting..

.. teasers of the area..:popcorn:

..and they got cows at this Ranch..hahaha..:eek:

..It looks like I'll get some seat time in for this one..:burnout:

congress or wickenburg should be roughly 3-3.5hrs for me. The haul will be the scenic route home heading up thru Prescott for me...

..It looks to be about 5 hrs. for me but the track laps I'm guessing 15-60 minutes..

..To anyone calling me for work over the next couple of weeks, the official announcement is..

I will be in Congress next week

..hahaha..you should hear some of the confused responses I'm getting..:D

C'mon Brian...You know you want to..:D

I would love to go out for the race, hang out with you guys and maybe even get some wheeling in with Rick but I have an early flight to catch on Sunday morning out of Albuquerque.

So, who is for sure going and if you are going, where are you staying and what's your plans?

Right now, I'm planning to head out Friday morning at a reasonable time leaving from Vegas. It'll be me and my dog and I'm planning on camping somewhere both Friday and Sat night. Not sure what I'm doing friday, will likely roll directly into the ultra 4 area to see what's going on. Setup camp somewhere on Friday (waiting to hear what others have planned if going) and then spectate on Sat accordingly. Sat night will be most likely on a whim as to if I'm staying in the desert camping or if I'm going to head north to high country and camp possibly out a few miles from my house. I'll check out my house and hit the road back to Vegas on Sunday.

..You know I'm in..:D

I would like to be there thurs afternoon but my work always drives me nuts when they know I'm heading out of town..:banghead:

..Latest I will be there is Friday morning as I have a local competitor waiting to haul my butt around to get familiar with the last minute race course while they are pre-running the course..:burnout:

..I want to stop at Ricks but I need to get to the course first before I can make any decisions...If the road is as bad as it sounds I might have to stay on course for the weekend and stop by Ricks on the way home..

..I did tell work not to expect me back before next Wednesday afternoon..:biggthump

..It's already sounding awesome out there and the fun hasn't even begun...:bounce:..Did I mention we have had the big "W" out here today..?..:shifty_ey

Take note, the 8 mile dirt road in from the highway is BADLY wash boarded! In my 2500 and 65psi in the tires, anything above 30-40mph was the only way to keep my truck in one piece.

And snakes are bad out that way, I ran over 1 rattler and a local said she had shot 2 that morning.

..Best chance to get me while out there is channel 4 primary or channel 10 secondary on the cb or try and text me if you still have my number..;)

..Unless you have your race radio on, send me the numbers and I'll get em programmed..

Edit:..Last I heard..

..The race is now going too start about 10 a.m. Saturday with 50 plus competitors doing 3 laps of 20 plus miles each and 1st place should cross the finish line in about 3 hours..:dunno:

..Again, I will know more definite's at the first meeting Friday..

I should be in the area mid Friday. Planning on getting outta here at a reasonable time friday morning. I'm not sure what I'll have on me radio wise... I need to wire up a cig lighter in the expo. Maybe I'll knock that out tomorrow or thursday evening. I'm not actually 100% sure if my CB even works, I know my race radio setup works though.

PM me your number just in case...

I'm not picky on where I camp, I'd rather be off a bit by myself cause of my mutt and his A.D.D. but whatever... Not too worried about it. There's a ton of desert out there I can probably just go hide out in if needed. Not too worried about the wash board either, I can air down if it's really that outta control.

I'm not much of a spectator... The weather has finally cooled down here and I've been tearing into my projects. The biggest one right now is re-sealing the camper.

I'll be here at the house all weekend.

...I am camping all weekend in my X so don't feel like you are out there all alone..;)

I just got this info so this answers the weekend race schedule for us..

Friday, September 27th 2013
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Registration and Pre-running on site open to drivers
7:00PM – Non-Mandatory Driver’s meeting for those already on site

Saturday, September 28th, 2013
7:30 AM – Stock/Mod Cars line up – last minute driver updates
8:00 AM – Stock/Mod race begins
11:00 AM – 4400s cars line up - last minute driver updates
12:00PM – ULTRA4 race begins. Stock/Mod Race ends
6:00PM- ULTRA4 Race ends – Awards Ceremony to follow

You're more than welcome to stop over before heading back Ted. We've got an open guestroom and a hot shower ;)

...I'm trying to swing by for Thursday nigh5 maybe but Sunday for sure and a hosing and shower for the trip home..:biggthump

...a number of teams started arriving yesterday and the excitement is building...:bounce:

I gotta button up about 10 minutes of work on the race truck tonight and then pickup tools. After that, I'm gonna start planning my packing and figure out my food needs. Maybe even knock out my shopping tonight and start loading. Thinking I'll try to hit the road ASAP friday morning. I'm gonna try and get a power port rigged up tonight as well for phone charger, mp3 charger, power point for my race radio, etc... I need to pull my CB out and see if I even have everything for it still. Should have some better info on coms tomorrow. PM me your number when you have a chance if you don't mind. Granted, you know what my expo looks like, I know yours... Probably won't be hard to cross paths with likely the only other expo there.

..Just a fair warning for you...

..If by chance one of the race drivers bails out of his vehicle and runs directly over to you, he wants to talk to you about your X...He is a long time member here, an Explorer nut, and a Phoenix Local..:D

..BTW,number sent..;)

I didn't have my camera in hand for the best parts but there was some good carnage from the section I spectated on Sat. Saw a few rolls, saw one dude finally get drug off with only 1 remaining axle shaft in tact, saw one catch on fire, saw one rip off an UCA on a IFS rig, saw two separate incidents of road rage and parking on top of each other, etc...

These guys were patient though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-2EkYCvEY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUAr5O4XSxMHhdUvRMoKKkmw

Oh and my rental house is still standing. Needs a bit of work but considering I haven't touched it in 4.5 years I really can't complain.

I ended up on the road back towards nevada around 3ish sat afternoon. I had always seen a bunch of dirt trails down towards the river in the 10 or so miles just past the hoover dam on the az side. I always wanted to see where those went and I decided that if any actually got me to the river I'd camp down on the water sat night. Well, I took every single trail off the highway that looked like it went down to the river and... All of them are a bust. THey all get you to within about 1/2 mile of the river before they're impassible. Sorry but hiking my camping gear down 1/2 mile to the river wasn't on the fun list in the dark so I just drove the 40 minutes home to my bed from there at that point. LOL

Good weekend though, got to check on my property, got to have lunch with some friends, watched some good racing/carnage, explored a bit, good road trip and still had a complete day at home to relax. Can't complain!

Hope the eye is doing okay Ted!

Back