• Register Today It's free!

Underbed Truck Box Install

Medic531

Reaction score
City, State
Moore, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer 4x4 XLT
I am wanting some type of secure container installed in the rear of my ford explorer. I am wanting something like you see in the first link, however these are very expensive for something so simple. I found these (the second link below) at tractor supply for much cheaper. I know these are meant to be installed under a truck bed i.e. tow truck but I am trying to think of a way to either bolt this or modify/add to this box to secured it to the vehicles floor. I am not familiar with what is under the carpet or any possible bolting places that I could use for the tool box. Any suggestions?

http://sirennet.com/store/product/rockland-custom-cabinets-law-enforcement-single-drawer

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...o-underbed-truck-box-36-in-black?cm_vc=-10005

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After thinking on this it might not be the best idea as far as being able to bolt it down. Hmmm

I installed this over the weekend in my PIU. Granted I am a dealer, so pricing may be a bit of an issue for some, but this thing is great. Very very light for what it is, pretty good storage room, and doesnt impede much in the rear.

UP-Vault-2.jpg

Vault-Up-for-SUV-Closed.jpg

Vault-Up-for-SUV-Open.jpg

same box in all pics? did it change from a "vault systems" logo to "american aluminum accessories"

yes same box in both photos, different vehicles.... CamLocker is the "maker" of the box, American Aluminum "designed" it for the vehicle application. This model is light enough that most people could move it around outside the vehicle with moderate ease, less than 50lbs I would estimate.

Back