Uniroyal Liberator A/T - Need Opinions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uniroyal Liberator A/T - Need Opinions

I'm going to get new tires before the summer is over (most likely).. I still have decent tread left on 2-3 tires.. one is starting to get bald on the inside.. I really just need to get new tires and i saw the Uniroyal Liberator A/T on WalMart's website..

Can anyone tell me anything about these tires.. experience wise? I don't do any off roading - other than an occasional ride through the dirt or grass.. I am mostly highway driving during the school year - other than that it's just to and from work about 15 minute drive.

Are these tires reasonably priced at 60$ a tire? Also, how well do they grip and drive?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the older liberators on my Ex. They do very well in normal driving and snow with light off road. The only off roading I have done yet is light compared to most others on here but they did very well.

Michelin(SP) made the liberators that I am running and they stopped manufacturing them for sale by wal-mart and Uniroyal picked them up. Same tread pattern and specs. I like them and am considering the 31" version for replacement when these wear out.

for street driving they are fine.....

thanks for the replies.. sounds like for 250$ installed these should be a nice pickup..
thanks

Yea, i just bout 4 anf paid 300.06 for them. i enjoy them, their quiet, smoother than the wrangler radials i had before. well worth the money!!

From what I've read, and my expierience, they are near impossible to balance. It takes lots of luck to get 4 to balance correctly. So I have two stuck on the back, and that looks like they're not going to get moved to the front, its downright dangerous!

iamtodd. sounds like some bs to me. i work at walmart here in omaha and have mounted tons of liberaters on lots of trucks. never one did i have a problem with balancing them unless u got some bent rims or the balancer is way off. i wanna run a set myself but they dont make them in a 33. my old friend has them on his 94 x sport and has went anywere he could with out lifting the tire off the ground then it was a done deal. id try talkin them some place else to balance them. o and they are made buy uniroyal now and the tread is a little different from the old ones

I have a set of 31" on my durango and for a cheap tire they have worked very well. I haven't had any problems with balancing since new and now have around 30,000 mi on them. They are good on the street and for light off roading, but I would stay away from the goo and hardcore with them.

bigandbadranger, which omaha wal mart do you work at?

I had these for a while on my X, and still have them on the front. For your purposes these tires will be great. A friend of mine had 40K miles on his when he totaled his X and they had hardly worn any. These are great tires, and I highly recomend them.

and for those who dont know, Uniroyal is owned by Michelen.

i have them on mine right now and they do great on the street and in the snow....in the mud they are "ok" but thats not what they are made for so for your purposes they will do jsut fine.

Have been mounted on a different car. Balanced 6 times over the last 6 months. Still vibrates at 65+. Not a good choice. I wouldn't go cheap on tires anymore.

Back