just got BFG T/A ko's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just got BFG T/A ko's

Finally I got a REAL tire. After running Firestones (40000 mi), Wranglers (35000 mi), and Dunlops (tread way down at only 16000 mi), you would realize what an improvement a BFG T/A ko really is. If you ever need some sh*tty tires, get some Dunlop A/T's. But I won't rant about the Dunlop A/T's. These BFG's have so far amazed me, and I've tested them on the highway (where they have smoothed things) on dirt (grip nicely whereas the Dunlops would break loose often), and on the street (where they allow the truck to turn better without wallowing). Some people complain about the noise (humming) of aggressive tread tires, but these really are not too bad.

I had a set on my 94 ranger and will get a set for my X when I need tires they where awsome.

Tim

Mine were a great step up from the Firestones. But then I got some MTs and I dont think I can go back! :D

When I get some more miles on the X I will make it my toy and probably get some MT's for more serious offroad use. For now I ain't hurtin' (as they say) with the BFG's. These T/A ko's are 100% better than what I had.

I bought my 30x9.50x15 in Feb of this year and like you, I noticed a dramatic improvement over the 235/75/15 Goodyear H/T (Horrible Traction). I bought my Mountaineer used in June of last year and the GoodYears were brand new replacements.
Your next mod should be some new shocks if you have not all ready done so.

Back