• Register Today It's free!

Upcoming desert trips?

crashhard

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
What is everyone's plans for upcoming desert season?

We are looking at our first run to Sand Hollow in Utah mid September for dune and rock crawling.

Pirates Cove beginning of Oct and Armagosa for Halloween.

I know Im planning on making it to KOH in Johnson Valley in Feb.

Whos got their first trips planned?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We haven't started a thread yet, but there is always a run at Truck Haven in October or November.

We haven't started a thread yet, but there is always a run at Truck Haven in October or November.

The thought as been in my mind for a while....but it seems every time I start a thread about this, I never actually go...:help:

The thought as been in my mind for a while....but it seems every time I start a thread about this, I never actually go...:help:

Seriously, nobody is going to step up? :wtf:

I cannot go Oct. 18 - Nov. 16. :(

Other than that we're open.

We are doing Turkey day in Fresno this year. I might be able to do something a day or two after Christmas though.

If it would be at all helpful I could cancel my plans on the weekend of Nov. 16-17. That's the only thing I can change.

Rick you shouldn't have to cancel your plans, but I appreciate the enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

I think the beginning of October, is still going to be to hot out there. And later in November, you start getting into holiday season. I'm game for when ever. Not sure what I'll bring, Navajo is still under construction, JP needs new front wheel bearings (have to order) and I have yet to tow with the Ranger. But I did get a brake controller in it....so that's a win. Worst case I'll just drive the Ranger out and we'll see what it can do.. just not doing the ditches with it...:nono:

I really need to get out and wheel the Pumpkin. It's been way too long.

I really need to get out and wheel the Pumpkin. It's been way too long.

I know the feeling.. JP to get driven on the weekend to do errands, but with it needing bearings and had it try to lock up the wheel on the passenger side, so it just sitting now, collecting dust and paint fading.:(

BTW Steve I thought of you today. I saw a T rex in a horse trailer:thumbsup:

Rick you shouldn't have to cancel your plans, but I appreciate the enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

I think the beginning of October, is still going to be to hot out there. And later in November, you start getting into holiday season. I'm game for when ever. Not sure what I'll bring, Navajo is still under construction, JP needs new front wheel bearings (have to order) and I have yet to tow with the Ranger. But I did get a brake controller in it....so that's a win. Worst case I'll just drive the Ranger out and we'll see what it can do.. just not doing the ditches with it...:nono:
One problem solved...
Dana 44 Timken Wheel Bearings, Races & Seals-Broncograveyard.com

Wife is doing the implant surgery process (takes 6 months to do it right), Isabella is getting TPLO surgery to repair a torn CCL in her left rear stiffle joint (knee) at the end of October, recovery is anywhere from 12-16 weeks (and still problems for 6+ months afterwards). Both are emptying the piggy bank, Isabella's care level will be sky high for a few months (having to do PT with her, and she's not allowed to run or jump for several months), so I'm trapped here for a while..

Wife is doing the implant surgery process (takes 6 months to do it right), Isabella is getting TPLO surgery to repair a torn CCL in her left rear stiffle joint (knee) at the end of October, recovery is anywhere from 12-16 weeks (and still problems for 6+ months afterwards). Both are emptying the piggy bank, Isabella's care level will be sky high for a few months (having to do PT with her, and she's not allowed to run or jump for several months), so I'm trapped here for a while..

:(

Best wishes to Roxie and Isabella for quick recoveries.

Good luck keeping Isabella quiet. LOL

What is everyone's plans for upcoming desert season?

We are looking at our first run to Sand Hollow in Utah mid September for dune and rock crawling.

Pirates Cove beginning of Oct and Armagosa for Halloween.

I know Im planning on making it to KOH in Johnson Valley in Feb.

Whos got their first trips planned?

I'll be at KOH. Hoping that a trip gets planned before then. Truckhaven. Anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We have often done MLK weekend at Truck Haven. I have the weekend open, but is it too close to KOH for you?

Our lives have been in such turmoil that I haven't wanted to make plans only to have to bow out. As of now there is nothing going on for us over the next few months.

Back