• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Upcoming desert trips?

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
When is KOH? I can probably get down in Feb, around President's day weekend (Feb 18), or in March..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
When is KOH? I can probably get down in Feb, around President's day weekend (Feb 18), or in March..

I believe KOH is the last weekend of January.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Our lives have been in such turmoil that I haven't wanted to make plans only to have to bow out. As of now there is nothing going on for us over the next few months.

It is amazing what can change in just a couple days.

My mother went in for a hysterectomy on Friday. She called yesterday morning to tell me that both of her ovaries were cancerous. On top of that she informed me that just a couple weeks prior, she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.

They haven't staged either cancer yet, so there is no plan of action until they do. We just buried my father a month ago after a nearly year long fight. Two weeks ago, my best friend in AZ passed away :banghead:

As they say, getting old ain't for sissies, but it sure beats the other option.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
My mother had a double mastectomy at about age 48. It came back real angry and in her spine at age 76, and got her at 83. Its treatable if caught early enough.

Edit; F%&K CANCER!!!!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
My mom is 77. It will be tough fighting two primary cancers at the same time that's for sure.

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Sorry to hear that Rick. That's tough. Praying for the family. Keep the fighting spirit and don't lose hope.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
So I know this has been going around for a while but is anyone up for mlk? I know we all need to get out and get away.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I'm still up in the air and can't make any plans. My mom's surgery still hasn't been scheduled. They have to coordinate two surgeons to work together and it's taking forever. All we know right now is that they are shooting for sometime in January.

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
I'm in for MLK :thumbsup:

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
I'm dead. Isabella has another 6 weeks of restrictions due to fluid in the stiffle (knee) joint. No traveling for me until she's better.

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
I'm in. I can camp wherever since I don't have a motor home

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Oh dang that means I need to work on my trailer before then :eek:

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
I'm just tenting it and just bringing the Ranger. JP needs a fuel pump or something, and the Navajo is still under construction.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.