UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers!

Ahhhh...That's strange. I have been in contact with her too (probably way too often). She shows it awaiting shipment, but no ETA...Just lucky I guess. :banghead:

That's odd. I also got a call from my dealer about a week and a half ago and they said ETA was the week of the 24th, so that matches what Crystal has said. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picked Mine Up Yesterday

Finally got my 2014 Tux Black Explorer Limited.

Ordered on December 17 @ 2:00PM. Got a good deal ($500 under X-Plan price and 1/2 off the installed mobile phone remote start). Now I can start my Explorer from baggage claim and have it warm/cool when I get there!

Rolled off the production line January 10, 2014, but held up due to stop shipment issue.

Received yesterday February 17 @ 6:00PM.

Wife is home today, programming everything (Dealer offered, but wife likes to play).

Thanks Crystal for the updates along the way.

Hello! I ordered my 2014 Explorer Limited on December 31, it was built 1/28 and now I'm subject to the stop shipment. It sounds like people are receiving them though? Dealer is less than helpful which is frustrating since I'm running out of lease miles on my Edge!

Hello! I ordered my 2014 Explorer Limited on December 31, it was built 1/28 and now I'm subject to the stop shipment. It sounds like people are receiving them though? Dealer is less than helpful which is frustrating since I'm running out of lease miles on my Edge!
Welcome to the Forum WestCoastCorbin.:wavey:
As others have done in previous posts, you can send Crystal (FordService) a private message and she if she can provide any more info on your order. You can use this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
Include your name, VIN and dealership info in your message.

Peter

Today was my ETA to dealer date, but dealer said it's still sitting in Chicago "waiting to be shipped." Better than being delivered with unresolved problems but still pretty disappointing :-(

On Monday, my ETA was 2/24. Crystal updated me today with an ETA of 3/2(still waiting to ship). Yippy.

On Monday, my ETA was 2/24. Crystal updated me today with an ETA of 3/2(still waiting to ship). Yippy.

I've discovered from my dealer that Ford actually gives a range of dates that covers 7 days. Crystal always gives out the farthest date - I think the dealers tend to give the sooner date. Feb 24- March 2 works to 7 days, so perhaps your date didn't actually shift - you just got told the min/max by different people. :)

I've discovered from my dealer that Ford actually gives a range of dates that covers 7 days. Crystal always gives out the farthest date - I think the dealers tend to give the sooner date. Feb 24- March 2 works to 7 days, so perhaps your date didn't actually shift - you just got told the min/max by different people. :)

Possibly, but the last few times I checked with Crystal(last Thursday was the most recent ) , it was the 24th. I understand that it's always subject to change.

Possibly, but the last few times I checked with Crystal(last Thursday was the most recent ) , it was the 24th. I understand that it's always subject to change.
It could likely be one of the units that is being held up due to the 'Stop Shipping' notice that has been posted.

Peter

It could likely be one of the units that is being held up due to the 'Stop Shipping' notice that has been posted.

Peter

Possible. I'm not fretting too much over a week, but if that week turns into 2 or more, then I may get frustrated. The wait is already tough.

Also, the last I heard was that it was released for shipment(late last week). If that's the case, wouldn't that mean it's ready to be shipped? It was built 2/9 and released for shipment a week later. I would think that if it was part of the stop shipment that it wouldn't have been released so quick. Thoughts?

Possible. I'm not fretting too much over a week, but if that week turns into 2 or more, then I may get frustrated. The wait is already tough.

Also, the last I heard was that it was released for shipment(late last week). If that's the case, wouldn't that mean it's ready to be shipped? It was built 2/9 and released for shipment a week later. I would think that if it was part of the stop shipment that it wouldn't have been released so quick. Thoughts?
It is possible that could be shipped. It seems others have arrived. I know in 2011 they had issues with seats and those that were shown as rady for shipping ended up with "Returned to Factory" or similar notice. Good luck.

Peter

Also, the last I heard was that it was released for shipment(late last week). If that's the case, wouldn't that mean it's ready to be shipped?

Mine has shown as "awaiting shipment" since 2/4 and it's caught in the stop shipment triangle...so that may not mean anything.

mine was built 1-25 still waiting and waiting ............. and i live in chicago. no eta, info is very limited. traded in two mustangs. starting to get pissed off

I'm in the same boat and mine isn't built yet. Had an estimated build date in mid February with an estimated delivery date of 3/9/14. Crystal updated me today, still "in production" with an estimated delivery date of 3/16/14. Pushed back a week....

Also, I was figuring that the delivery date estimate must be a "week of" estimate because here in Jersey, dealerships are closed on Sundays (9th & 16th are both Sundays). Called my dealer today and he told me with the delivery date I can expect it up to a week before or a week after the given date. Pretty much confirms the "week of" theory.

mine was built 1-25 still waiting and waiting ............. and i live in chicago. no eta, info is very limited. traded in two mustangs. starting to get pissed off

Mine was built Jan 17th...

Crystal, would you mind running out to the lot on your coffee break and see if the above vehicles are still there? Thanks a bunch.;):thumbsup:

Peter

I was just told mine has changed from "awaiting shipment" to "in transit"! So I figure I'll have it in my hands sometime early next week.

Crystal, would you mind running out to the lot on your coffee break and see if the above vehicles are still there? Thanks a bunch.;):thumbsup:

Peter

LOL! If I could, I totally would, Peter. It would be a long walk to Chicago! :D

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was just told mine has changed from "awaiting shipment" to "in transit"! So I figure I'll have it in my hands sometime early next week.

Nice. Mine was built on 2/6 (20 days after yours), but hopefully I don't have that much longer to wait for mine. I have to turn in my leased Infiniti a week from today, so I sure hope my dealer has a loaner I can borrow or else I'll be pretty screwed...

Edit: Did your dealer update you or did Crystal?
Edit2: To confirm what others said, I'm pretty sure dealers get a min/max "range" of ETA dates.

Back