UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers!

Mine built sometime 1/30-2/4 , still haven't gotten it.

OK, so here's the scoop.

The green coolant looking fluid under the hood was cleaner / anti-rust agent. No problem there, just sloppy application.

As for the "hard to steer" bit...not sure, but it hasn't come back, and I haven't witnessed it, just the girlfriend. So we're on standby on that if it comes back.

The "Check Charging System" alert with the battery light illuminated; this one is a little more interesting.

They gave me a comparable courtesy car (2014 fiesta haha) to drive around while they had my XSport from 0930 - 1500 today. First they found the battery was no good...then after more digging found this:
alt+cable+EX.jpg

It's the positive harness where it attached to the alternator. Apparently whomever's job it was to tighten this nut down for a solid connection partied a little too hard the night before. The nut wasn't even finger tight; so this terminal was rattling around on the post and not only did it fry the battery, but probably hasn't been very nice to the alternator...not to mention cooked it's little plastic house. SO, with the nut tightened down and a new battery in place, the XSport makes 14.1 volts at Idle. We're driving it again while waiting for the new alternator and harness to come in. Apparently this harness is like 4.5' long, so it will take another full day of install early next week. They initially told me 4 days to get the alternator, but now that it's been marked "911, urgent" they think they'll have it in two.

Kudos to the service guys at Preferred Ford in Grand Haven, MI. We didn't order it here, but this is my home dealership and they're doing great to get things how they should be.

Ordered my Sport in early/mid Feb...dealer said about 7 weeks. He was spot on, picked it up Saturday 03/29.
Sunday I took all day to re-detail it, give it a thorough check up, and get acquainted. Found hints of that green stuff throughout the vehical and figured it was the solvent used to get the coating off, used for the transport? No biggy.

Although it must be a bummer, I'm sure they will get that alt/battery deal fixed asap. You seem t be taking it well!

BTW mine is tux-black with every option but dvd and second row buckets.
Lovin it even though it's for the wife!
X-plan also...

Back