upper control arms options with RB lift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

upper control arms options with RB lift

my insurance asked me about my dam body lift!!!! that was just because if i didn't have the BL my mounty would have been totalled. i agree the stock upper arms are a POS. i saw a ex in the junk yard that got hit on the drivers side front. the upper arms looked like a crushed can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not to be an ass but you guys building these control arms are they legal ? as in DOT ? i know some insurance companys if you have a lifted veical and get into an accedent may want detail of lift tires exc. If there home made stuff it may not go over to well.... spacers are spacers but a control arm that fails is well going to end up really bad really fast...

I don't know of too many commercial produced lift kits (Fabtech, Superlift, Skyjacker, etc) that come with DOT certification. Most have a disclaimer that comes with the purchase stating that the kit may not be legal in all states, or an "offroad use only" label attached to them.

when you lift a truck you are modifying a stock vehicle so most states give us a little leeway. in pa your bumper can't be higher then 36 inches at the lowest part. so it is still street legal to lift it as long as you keep the bumpers with in the 36 inches. also tires cannot be over 44 inches in pa. the tire law i think is completely messed up because if you look at the H1 you can fit 40s stockand with the 6 inch lift easily clear 46s but still be legal with the bumper law

Do you have any ideas pertaining to 4WD's? I ask because a majority of the guys lifting 3rd Gen's are 4WD or AWD. At this point Roadbully spacers seem to be one of the very few options out there (other manufacturer options are also spacers) and the price is right.

The only real option for the 4x4's would be an upper arm with a bolt-in coilover combo, which could be adjustable for around 0-3" lift.

Hey back to the BTF control arms, 86explorer86 do you think that there is a chance we could get a group buy over the next month of at least 10 and have a cheaper price tag?????

Just to clarify, 86explorer is not a part of my company, nor is he any sort of representative of BTF fab. He was kind enough to let me use his truck as a guinea pig of sorts though, so I thank him for that.

and yes, I'd definitely be willing to do a group buy for you guys if we can get a decent group to commit. I just got my vendor status on here so hopefully we can figure something out for you guys that will work well, and won't break the bank.
-Brandon-

Back