Apps available for Blackberry 10? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Apps available for Blackberry 10?

Fla_15_XLT

Reaction score
City, State
NE Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
Are the MFT apps available, either as Android ports (through something like Amazon app store) or in Blackberry world? Or is GooglePlay only app store they are deployed to?

Also, can anyone find the technical specs for the USB ports? Do they require a 'special' app to interface? I've plugged in my Z10 and had no joy in seeing the on-phone memory or SD card. The phone plays and calls just fine via BlueTooth connection.

I've tried searching without luck.

Hi Fla_15_XLT,

The only app for use with MFT is SYNC Destinations, but it is more so for use with the SYNC Services feature. Here's a link for more information:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/destinations-app-sync-myford-touch

As for using your phone for music, are you putting it into USB Mass Storage Mode?

Rebecca
The actual application is for podcasts and Audible book MP3s. I noticed that there is a 'dedicated' approach within Audible - which requires a dedicated memory stick. I searched in the manual, and can't find the max USB stick size supported. Is it 16, 32, 64 or??? I have a couple of 'older' sticks (2G) that I've gotten to work - but I'd like to dump a fair part of my music library I have on a NAS device on one for convenience.
Noticed my phone generates a message 'attempting to install blackberry link' - or something to that effect. Presumably, the MFT won't allow this sort of 'driver' install? Also, my wife's Galaxy S4 shows as 'invalid USB device'.:(

For the sake of simplicity and ergonomics, I would prefer not to have to deal with a separate device (e.g. memory stick) - and the built-in screen is easier than navigating the phone to play the content.

We don't have a specific size for USB devices in order for them to work, but the files have to be .mp3, .wma, .wav, or .aac. The device should be formatted to FAT32 and cannot be password protected. Most phones require you to change the connection type when you plug it into a USB port. Please be sure you're using the correct type for both phones.

For Audible, you don't necessarily need a separate flash drive if you can save the files to your phone; you'll just have to have your phone connected to your computer. Here's a step-by-step guide:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/audible-audiobooks-how-to-sync-myford-touch

Rebecca

Back