• Register Today It's free!

used valve body

Blueraven

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XL 2D
is it worth the trouble to pull a valve body out of a 5R55E that has 54000 miles on it and put it in my 99 Sport?

Also, besides gaskets, is there anything I should do with it. I don't want to hassle with rebuilding it.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know the condition, but it's out of a 97 Sport Cash for Clunkers vehicle. I can get the whole transmission for $75, but I really don't want to hassle with swapping them.

I don't know what they would want for the VB, but it's got to be no more than $75.

I think a rebuilt VB goes for $250-300.

wholly crap batman, $69.95, you can't beat that.

As you probable know from answering my other post. I have no forward gears, but reverse works fine.

I did check out the TRS, and it seems OK.

With all the post out there about bad VBs, I figure I might as well swap it out before I take it in to the shop. If it doesn't fix the problem, then that's one less item they will have to rebuild if the trans requires to be rebuilt.

Thanks

This place just went up in price. They were $50 the last time I saw it advertised. You could rebuild your valve body if you don't want to get a new one. The sticky thread called the 5R55E valve body rebuild diary explains how to do it.

Back