• Register Today It's free!

Using oil?

Jon M

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
I thought I'd seen a thread on this, but trying to search for it just leaves me with the terms being too common.

I haven't seen any sign of leaks, and I've had to add a quart since the last oil change in November. I didn't have to add any before then, and I never had any loss in my '13, with the same engine. I don't think I've ever had any engine that lost/used oil this fast without a leak.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year, miles, engine?

Year is shown in the profile (margin).;) Since he has a class III OEM tow package I'm guessing it has the N/A 3.5 V6. He was at 36k on August 1st but I'll let him confirm (checked previous posts).:)

Peter

Looking on my phone it doesn't show the info on the side sorry.

Looking on my phone it doesn't show the info on the side sorry.
Hold it so it is in landscape mode (horizontal) and see if it makes a difference.

Peter

Do you change the oil yourself or take it somewhere? Maybe when it was changed last it wasn't actually filled all the way.

Do you change the oil yourself or take it somewhere? Maybe when it was changed last it wasn't actually filled all the way.
I took it to the dealer, and I've had to add 1/2 quart twice since then. I assumed the first time that they just didn't fill it all the way, but I checked it multiple times in between.

Back