v8 badges missing-Now that we have it P0125, P0340 and P0171 codes. Please read ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

v8 badges missing-Now that we have it P0125, P0340 and P0171 codes. Please read !

bigcrunch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 v8
So I am shopping long distance at a gen2 v8 awd, there are no V8 badges on either fender or rear. Vin (P) and pic confirm it is a V8 and it is orginal paint matches the under hood pics that shows the V8.

I always ASSumed V8 badge ment V8 under the hood, no V8 badge no V8 from the factory hance no P in the VIN. Am I wrong here????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All the v8s I've looked at have badges. Could have been debadged, is the "Explorer" badge still on the liftgate?

Don't ASSUME... you know what happens.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME!;)

I am going to look at it Sat. hope I don't end up saying " I should have had a V8"

Your profile says 2000 V8, do you already have one and looking for another?

It think looking at it is the best way to find out, don't speculate, then regret not making sure. You're doing the right thing going to look at it. Sometimes pictures can be deceiving, from another explorer, or just plain bad.

Some do not have v8 badges. Our 98 mounty had none. I've seen several v8's without em.

no v8 badge on my Son's mounty

attachment.php

No v8 badge on Turdle

attachment.php

The vin has the final say of what it was born with. Fenders, badges, engines, etc come and go. The vin identifier is there forever!

Bill

Its a U35P for sure. Has cam position sensor issue so I got it for cheap,,, paid to bring along the code reader. Almost did not make it up the trailer shook that bad.
Yes this one is to add to my "fleet" for my son, got it cheap he wrecks it I'll have the comfort of knowing he is surrounded by quality steel.

The badges may have been removed I saw a smudge on the left front fender were it should be.

The badges may have been removed I saw a smudge on the left front fender were it should be.

to quote a line from Blazing Saddles... "badges, we don't need no stinking badges..." the VIN tells all.

thats right

so I have codes P0125, P0340 and P0171.

Cam sensor and ???

thats right

so I have codes P0125, P0340 and P0171.

Cam sensor and ???

You'll get more replies if you put this in it's own thread.....

Bill

to quote a line from Blazing Saddles... "badges, we don't need no stinking badges..." the VIN tells all.

Actually, and you may be too young for this. That quote is from an old Humphrey Bogart movie,

"Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

It is an excellent movie, I suggest it highly.

You'll get more replies if you put this in it's own thread.....

Bill

True. But since we are here

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228242&highlight=p0125

Probably low on coolant.
I'd top off the radiator, replace Cam sensor and go from there. Disconnect the battery to clear the present codes, then see if any pop back up.

Then a coolant flush and thermostat replacement is the direction I would go.

I'll also edit the thread title for you. This will bring in more opinions.

Haha whatever movie that's from, Blazing Saddles is a great movie! :thumbsup:

"Somebodys gotta go back and get a sh*tload of dimes!" :D

Haha whatever movie that's from, Blazing Saddles is a great movie! :thumbsup:

"Somebodys gotta go back and get a sh*tload of dimes!" :D

agreed! that movie has so many great lines. for my money, Mel Brooks is the funniest man that ever lived. i also love Young Frankenstein.

agreed! that movie has so many great lines. for my money, Mel Brooks is the funniest man that ever lived. i also love Young Frankenstein.

You have my concurrence on all three counts!

Spaceballs The comment!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The History of the World, Part One: "It's good to be the King!"

Back