Vaccum resevoir? Vents question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vaccum resevoir? Vents question.

ryanweather

Reaction score
All the settings For the vents/heat only push air through the defrost vents. I'm guessing I have a vaccum leak. This started after my sterio was stolen. All the wires visually seem okay, haven't checked the fuses though. But perhaps it could be something else?

Months prior I was changing plugs and under the splash shield on passenger wheel there was this plastic ball with two small hoses running from it. When I finished the job, I must not have secured the ball tightly in place because it's gone. What is this thing for and do I need it? Could this be the cause of my vents problem and the sterio theft happen to alert me to the problem or been a coincidence? Or could the sterio have caused the problem? I haven't replaced the radio yet.

I appreciate any feedback. I'd like to try and solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bulb is the cause. Replace it, and see if your problem goes away. The bulb is a vacuum reservoir. Without it, the vent system, which is vacuum controlled, defaults to defrost.

All the settings For the vents/heat only push air through the defrost vents.

I have this same exact problem, and I recently had my radio stolen as well :(

However this problem existed before that event.

I believe I could see a vacuum hose line just hanging out in the radio compartment area, so maybe just a disconnected hose...

What is this bulb you ^^ speak of ?

-xM

the bulb is probably fine,, check around where the radio came out of, for a vacuum line disconnected,
i had this problem with my heater as well and found out that if there is a leak in any part of the vacuum system for the heat it will not switch, find the vacuum leak and problem solved..

Thank you everyone. I just got back from the junkyard and picked up the vacuum reservoir for $5. I'll post back results. Also reprogrammed my key fab and replaced the batteries. Next I need to figure out why my fog lights don't work then install my new cd/dvd player and I'll have a like new 215k mi truck!

Thank you everyone. I just got back from the junkyard and picked up the vacuum reservoir for $5. I'll post back results. Also reprogrammed my key fab and replaced the batteries. Next I need to figure out why my fog lights don't work then install my new cd/dvd player and I'll have a like new 215k mi truck!

Good luck! Post pics if you can... very interested!

Back