• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum Advance

Smiks

Reaction score
City, State
BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 B2 XL
Hi, I'm relatively new too the site, have read through a lot of the posts (especially like ricks bronco) Anyways I'm looking for a way to put vacuum advance on my BII. It's an 84 2.8 I took the original carb out, it was half computerized and wasn't working properly. I ended up putting a carb out of an 86 f-150 2 barrel but rebuilding it with my jets. It has been running a lot better but by doing so my stock vacuum advance is no longer functioning. This is just my daily driver so I'm looking at an economical way of getting it running again. I want to build a performance one later but for now I want this to just be a daily driver.

Any insight would great, thx

I'm new here too. Have you already "durasparked" your 84?..if not you may want to consider that....(changing the dizz to late 70 Ford product diz) and duraspark module....if you haven't..get your self up to speed with that....i have a 74 mercury capri diz with w/points that will fit it as well.... this motor i'm sure u know was used in many ford autos in the 70's....good luck.. search duraspark...you'll get up to speed...takes about 100+$ and invloves a 70's diz, and module for the fender well..a plug in mod for an 84....I guess i have 3 different distributors that for a 2.6-2.6 points, duraspark, and TFI (which is stock)..as a side note...if you are inclined...you CAN completly remove your computer ..for "Racing application only" if you should decide it would be desirable to do so..it will still run just fine..check your local regulations for particulars...

Back