Vacuum Hose Tree Info?

pheby1

Reaction score
City, State
Willowbeach, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer
I have a 1994 Ford Explorer XLT.
The vacuum lines on the tree, had swollen, as the truck had been parked for awhile when i bought it.
A couple of lines had come off, so I replaced them.
The check engine light had been coming on along with terrible gas mileage..as well upon hard acceleration, there is obvious engine ping.
I'm hoping this is all a result of some hoses being re-connected improperly.
Anyone have some "idiot proof" description of what hose goes where.
So I can be sure they are connected properly?
I'd appreciate any help, or advice!

You probably have a bad vacuum modulator valve on the transmission. I just replaced mine, had the same issue. The vacuum line is sucking tranny fluid up into your intake and fouling your plugs, softening your lines, and causing general mischeif. I picked up a new one at Ford for $38 and paid a tranny shop $65 to do it. You can do it yourself, just do a search for "vacuum modulator" and you can find the step by steps.
Good luck

DCExploder said:
You probably have a bad vacuum modulator valve on the transmission. I just replaced mine, had the same issue. The vacuum line is sucking tranny fluid up into your intake and fouling your plugs, softening your lines, and causing general mischeif. I picked up a new one at Ford for $38 and paid a tranny shop $65 to do it. You can do it yourself, just do a search for "vacuum modulator" and you can find the step by steps.
Good luck

Yep, its your vacuum modulator in the tranny that is causing fluid to be sucked up in the vacuum lines and causing them to get soft and come off. Get your modulator relplaced. I'd also clean the MAF.

moving this to Under the Hood & Driveline. Still can be discussed there.

-Drew

Back