Vehicle Health Report question

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve
Yesterday, I ran a Vehicle Health Report on my 2016 Platinum. I expected a clean bill of health and was surprised to see a big red exclamation mark telling me that service is required because there's a "TC, IVD, or RSC OFF Indication".

I checked to make sure that Stability Control was still enabled (it is) and that there are no error lamps illuminated on the instrument panel. I can't identify anything that would cause the Vehicle Health Report to indicate that service is required. Any ideas?

Exp%20Health%20Rpt_zpsq5vfrao4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you been driving around regularly using one of the other terrain management modes?

Have you been driving around regularly using one of the other terrain management modes?

Nope. Terrain selector is in "normal" mode and has been there since I took delivery. I've never had the need to use or experiment with different modes.

So, I decided to run another Vehicle Health Report today -- less than 24 hours after yesterday's report indicated that service was required. I didn't change any settings, didn't push any buttons, and didn't twirl any knobs between yesterday's service-required report and today's clean bill of health.

Guess I'll chalk this one up to some kind of glitch. But lesson learned -- don't assume that every Vehicle Health Report is accurate.

Exp%20Health%20Rpt2_zpsye6j5yzy.jpg

So, I decided to run another Vehicle Health Report today -- less than 24 hours after yesterday's report indicated that service was required. I didn't change any settings, didn't push any buttons, and didn't twirl any knobs between yesterday's service-required report and today's clean bill of health.

Guess I'll chalk this one up to some kind of glitch. But lesson learned -- don't assume that every Vehicle Health Report is accurate.

I agree that we shouldn't agree on these nanny features.

Hi Exit32,

Do you know if the emergency brake was pulled when you ran the report?

Shaay

Sorry, Shaay. It's been almost six months since I ran that health report, and I just can't remember if the parking brake was engaged.

Back