• Register Today It's free!

Vent Window Removal

xsport97

Reaction score
City, State
North Dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 EB
I have a 97 sport, and I found 20% tint that matches the stock tint perfectly to put on my two side vent windows. What I was wondering was how to take the windows out? Do I have to remove the inside plastic and unbolt the whole window assembly to take them out, or can I just unbolt the latch, and slid the window out of the little groove at the hindge?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I got my tint installed, they just cut a slit to go around the part that pushes the window out, and they went around the hinges. I think it's hard to get the window off the hardware without cracking it.

My windows weren't removed either when they did my tint. They slit mine similar to Alec's. Unless you look for it you can't even tell.

When I tinted mine, I only disconnected the latch post and the disconnected it from the window. Then I cold lay the tint on the window itself, let it dry for a few hours after, then sliced the hole from the tint. BUT make sure you wait as long as possible before reattaching the latch to the glass, and I would then not overly tighten it for a few days, to make sure it is dry. If you don't you will run the risk of spinning the tint on the window, adn wrinkling it.

thanks for the info. I will try it with the windows in, and if that doesn't work, I'll let the tint guy deal with it.

Back