vibration on braking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

vibration on braking

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer,4.0 LTD 4x4
I posted a few months ago about my vehicle vibrating during high speed braking. Most noticeable when exiting highway at 50-60 mph. Didn't really need them , but decided to replace all rotors and pads front and back. I'm still getting the vibrating, the steering wheel will shake a little also, only at high speed braking. Ball joints all are good no looseness in front end. Could this be the rack and pinion ? I don't know where else to look, hate to do it but probably have to go to the dealer next ?

I jacked up the front end under each wheel to check for any play in ball joints, put a long bar under tire and lifted up and down, no movement. Then checked for side to side movement by gripping wheel on sides, no movement. I can not find any appreciable movement any where in the front end ? Yet I still get this vibration during high speed braking ? Any thoughts ?

Where are you located? Suspensions issues can be more complicated than meet the eye. See if you can find any front end guys that do custom work and hotrods in your area. Most front end businesses do not know their arse from a ****. They throw a bunch of new parts on, charge you an arm and a leg and often do not solve the problem.

I posted a few months ago about my vehicle vibrating during high speed braking. Most noticeable when exiting highway at 50-60 mph. Didn't really need them , but decided to replace all rotors and pads front and back. I'm still getting the vibrating, the steering wheel will shake a little also, only at high speed braking. Ball joints all are good no looseness in front end. Could this be the rack and pinion ? I don't know where else to look, hate to do it but probably have to go to the dealer next ?

I jacked up the front end under each wheel to check for any play in ball joints, put a long bar under tire and lifted up and down, no movement. Then checked for side to side movement by gripping wheel on sides, no movement. I can not find any appreciable movement any where in the front end ? Yet I still get this vibration during high speed braking ? Any thoughts ?
maybe this link will help? I use this site a lot.This site has a wealth of information to look at
http://www.aa1car.com/library.htm
scroll down to Steering, Suspension & Tire Articles, maybe some info in that section about what you got gong on

Back