Video of my truck (exhaust, headlights, ect) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Video of my truck (exhaust, headlights, ect)

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it sounds awesome! Does dumped mean it just exits the muffler?
And I know you did other mods as well, but what do you think putting an original 40 on stock pipes? I know it wont sound anything in your video though.

it was a lot louder/deeper when it was just straight Y pipe with muffler (no highflow cat) When I added the highflow cat, it calmed it down to the point where I can stand it now. When I had stock piping on, it was pretty loud just not deep. It was however deeper than anything I had in the past (Super 40, Super 44, SUV 50, Imco XTREME) Original 40 is the best muffler I had so far on this motor. Dumped means it just has a down pipe coming out the exit of the muffler and dumps under the truck

well you've done a good job. I'm trying to decide if I should just run a y pipe with stock and 40 series. Changing the pipes looks harder than I thought.
Is it normal start the y pipe after the cats or connecting it to the muffler?
Sorry I'm new at most of this.

you have to do it like this

DSC00744.JPG

It's a magnaflow Y pipe. dual 2.25", single 2.5". I got it from www.performance-curve.com

I just bought a flowmaster 40 series and two 2.5inch pipes that are about a foot and a half long. And 2 clamps. I know I'm still gonna need more in a while.
I should be ordering the y pipe soon.

I do like that explorer a lot. :thumbsup:

Back