'95 XLT
ok, here is the battle.

the old and trusted KKM Tru-Rev induction
trexpl.jpg

VS.

the new and more expensive Volant Air System
volant.jpg

opinions please!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

love my KKM

I love my KKM, and feel it was well worth the price. I ahve no experience with the volant however. how much is that volant intake running?

its running at $265 Dead Link Removed but the retail there says $360

Go with KKM, haven't heard really any good things about the Volant intake, so i would advise to save yourself some money and go for a KKM

For my 2002 4.0 I think I'm going with Weapon-R. Right now neither one makes one for the 2002.:eek:

The only thing I've heard about Volant is that they overprice their products because they're more esthetically appealing, not better performing than other intakes. Go with the KKM and save some of that dough.

ya hartman, it only makes sense to save a hundred or so. just dump the money you save into other mods, like a exhaust or chip. The intakes arent really all that important in my opinion

If you have the resources or a machine shop nearby I'd go and have gone the cutom route. A lot cheaper then both of those systems and just about the same thing.

Attachments

• img_0008.jpg
    img_0008.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 241

Originally posted by Hartman
The only thing I've heard about Volant is that they overprice their products because they're more esthetically appealing, not better performing than other intakes. Go with the KKM and save some of that dough.

Well, actually looking at the pictures, looks like the Volant has a heat shield. That would probably hold an advantage over a non shielded intake-protecting it from engine heat and fan wash.

If you really want to spend $265 on an intake, you might as well get the K&N Generation II for the newer Xplorers. I would recommend KKM and then the rest of the $$ towards exhaust or something of the sort.

Originally posted by bimmerpowered

Well, actually looking at the pictures, looks like the Volant has a heat shield. That would probably hold an advantage over a non shielded intake-protecting it from engine heat and fan wash.

Or you could build a heat shield for your KKM, which would still be cheaper than the volant. I say go KKM and cat-back instead of Volant. There's just so many things you can do with that money....:D

Back