Flowmaster or KKM air intake?

nufan

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xls
K&N or KKM air intake?

I like the price of the KKM True-Rev sport inductions.
Do they perform as well as the K&N?
Or....Do the k&n perform better just not $150 better?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the kkm is a good choice for the price. i have a k&n and while i do love it was pretty pricey. i kinda wanted to get that stock intake tube outta there (i think it's just ugly) so i made my choice between the k&n, mac and volant intakes.

They all pretty much work the same from what I read. It all comes down to cosmetics and budget, as raginraj said. You'll hear the whole "heat transmission" argument re: chrome tube (i.e Mac intake), but no one has been able to prove it definitively yet, at least on this site. In fact, many have measured the air temps using assorted methods and they're all pretty much the same with whatever intake you decide upon.

Go with what works for you. I like MAC. Looks cool, was cheaper than K&N and was pretty easy to install. Lots of folks love KKM so I don't think you'll go wrong with whatever you choose. K&N is good stuff, but there seems to be a price premium just because it's K&N.

I first had a K&N stock replacement or drop-in filter with the stock tube and I cut out the "air box" so it was basicly an open filter. I didn't really notice much if any difference over the unmodified setup. Then last year at T-haven I won a KKM at the raffle and promptly installed it the first chance I had when I got home. I can tell you that really woke up the intake/exhaust system. I already had JBA headers and a Gibson exhaust and the KKM was just the thing to top it off. K&N FIPK's may have the same affect but I can only tell you from my experience what has worked for me.

What I understand, the main difference between k&n and the rest of them is that K&N is 50 state street legal. This the reason why it is so expensive

That may or may not be true, i think like anything else, you're paying for the name.

mirro said:
What I understand, the main difference between k&n and the rest of them is that K&N is 50 state street legal. This the reason why it is so expensive
The MAC intake is also 50 state legal.

Back