Vote Again for Final Choice: East Coast 10th Anniversary Run Poll | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vote Again for Final Choice: East Coast 10th Anniversary Run Poll

Where can you go to the East Coast Run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything I can do to help you get a better feel for Crozet? - I am the owner of the Crozet park.

Here is a little data on the Crozet run with the H2's I sent you pics about before:

30ish stock H2's with all drivers never off-road before - well more than a gravel road.

Only 1 H2 broke because of a faulty lift install.

All trails were guided by our trail guides - we focused on keeping the H2's out of trouble.

We also have had many stock TJ's and Rubicons here.

On the explorers:

I would recommend that they at least have some skids and rocker panel protection would sure make it nice - stock protection (if they have it) should be fine, I have no idea of the vehicle. We have mainly rock.

All of our lower trails have bypasses for most of the larger rocks (a larger rock could be considered over 6 to 8 inches high).

The lower trails are wide enough for a H2 - don't know how wide an explorer is.

I have never seen Explorers wheel before and would like to see their capabilities.

Is there any type of pictures that you would want me to take? What can I do to give you the best idea of what the terrain is like.

Is there any specific questions you have that I can answer for you?

Paragon is a great place to wheel for those of you who have not been there. I have wheeled there a lot - but mostly in the NEUROC competitions. Kyle (the owner of Paragon) is a really great guy and I believe that you guys would have a blast there.

Let me know if I can offer any other assistance.

Thanks,
Chris Packard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CHris what do we need to do to get a pre-run set up, me and a few others would most likely be able to make it up there to run before we bring a larger group.

I am normally game for running new places, JJust hate to do it with people who have never been offroad before.

I'm all for Crozet..

wait, did I say that?

For those who want to do stuff that is more extreme (maybe Tom would like to try conquering this)
kif_1093.jpg

kif_1095.jpg

DSCF1116.sized.jpg

Something to remember about Crozet. It is approximately 1-hour ride to the GWNF. The GWNF is a fantastic place for stockers Miles and miles of trails that might jar a few fillings loose but sober people will not hurt their vehicles. GWNF will satisfy anybody thats wants to wheel is stock and does not want to damage their rig.

I am availble to go do a prerun on the October 15, 16 dates.

Paragon is possible for me, but Tellico is a defenite no. I have money for gas but not as much free time. I like Crozet because I could make a day or weekend trip.

Blee1099 said:
For those who want to do stuff that is more extreme (maybe Tom would like to try conquering this)

Easy stuff. :D

With GWNF little over an hour away, which is where the stockers can go, and crozet having a full range of trails, plus more central location..

Personally, I'd say it's the place to go for the Serious Explorations East Coast 10th Anniversary Run (SEECs!)

But I can't agree to hike all the way across the US for this with no set date - What would make this neat is to get the date close enough to Attica (either the weekend before or after) that I could hit both, and then it would be the "Serious Explorations Run Across America"..

Paragon is only about an hour and a half away. We typically wheel there or Rausch. I am more than willing to travel to Crozet and wheel some place new. Tellico is too far away to drive two trucks. Especially getting about 6-7 MPG.

tdavis said:
What would make this neat is to get the date close enough to Attica (either the weekend before or after) that I could hit both, and then it would be the "Serious Explorations Run Across America"..

I hear ya brother! That isn't a bad idea, i'd go for that.

Gerald

Gerald, if this thing ends up at Tellico, Rick asked me to help you plan the event and I can attend. If it ends up being up north, maybe I can coordinate some of it, but will be unable to attend. Then I will promise to stay home that weekend to be an emergency contact, Example, if some one expected to be there rolls there rig before getting there. I can coordinate that info to you, contact injured members’ families ect....

Hey Gerald I would like to adjust my vote (but don't know how)...Originally I voted only for Paragon since I thought the running was mainly Paragon or Tellico (w/ Crozet being a long shot)... Anyway I'm all for compromise and would like to add Crozet as a compromise..

Just to recap:
Most Northern guys want to wheel @ Paragon.(Good Trail reports)
Most Southern guys want to wheel @ Tellico...(Good Trail reports)
Crozet is the Middle ground for distance..........(Unknown Trail Reports)

Various members have wheeled at Paragon & Tellico and confirm they are both good choices. While Crozet is the logical choice in terms of distance it is still very much a wild card in terms of no trail reports from members (no offense JeepNChris)

No offense taken. I can post some trail reports of others wheeling here if that would help.

Chris

We need to get this decided and the last page or two contains many posts that support what I have been thinking. Regardless of my initial post in this poll thread that said that Crozet would only be used as a tiebreaker, it is obvious that the most of us will show up only if we go there. In looking at the votes, I am also more than a little disappointed in the amount of people that would vote only for their location and not also vote to be willing to compromise. Well, this is a major event, and if you only want to meet the same folks at your local run that you always do and don't want to meet others from the board from other parts of the country, that's your problem.

I don't see any other choice than to choose Crozet - if someone has a bone stocker and is afraid to get a couple of trail scars, they can still join the run and go to GWNF for a great scenic stocker run. Chris, we need to get a couple of our guys up there at one of your runs next month if that's okay to do a prerun. From what I can see I'll bet that stockers will do fine at your park with a little spotting.

Tom, I hadn't thought of scheduling like that to give you and/or someone else a chance to hit every run. Actually, I might be in the same situation; I am going to Moab, so if I can schedule Attica in, I'd be able to do the same thing :thumbsup:

I am closing this thread a poll now and ask that we all redirect future discussion to the main chat thread at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142387

to maintain a central point of discussion about this upcoming run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back