Want to lift my 5.0 98, need suggestions! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to lift my 5.0 98, need suggestions!

King$nake

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Whats going on guys. I just finished paying off my 98 5.0 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Its a 2WD. I would like to lift it now that its paid off. I want the lift to clear atleast 33", but Im shooting for 35". (Big tires look awesome on explorers). I go to the desert alot, so I want the cali look (front an inch or two higher than rear). The explorer is stock now, and this lift will be coupled with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.

What kits would you guys recommend? Will 6" clear 35"s or only 33"s?

exp1.jpg

Thanks for the help guys

-Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

u can clear 35s with a solid axle swap... its around the same price as a superlift or so,,, little bit more but much nice

search and ull find!

eh, solid axle swap. I did that on my 2004 SVT Cobra for the strip. never want to do that again, lol

Newb Question alert:

What are the differences in suspension between the Ranger and Explorer. Could I just buy a Ranger lift and use that?

You could do spindles and a body lift for 6 inchs and 33's or spindles body lift tt and soa for around 9 and 35's

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

That looks really good, (just about perfect height) but I have had bad expiriences with body lifts in the past. like to stick to suspension

You can do a 3'' spindle lift in the front and tighten your torsion bars 2'' for 5'' total in the front THEN do a SOA (spring over axel) conversion in the rear for 5'' of lift in the back. Thats what im about to do to my 2wd Eddie Bauer.

u can clear 35s with a solid axle swap... its around the same price as a superlift or so,,, little bit more but much nice

search and ull find!

He is 2wd not 4wd
Whats going on guys. I just finished paying off my 98 5.0 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Its a 2WD

Back