warrior quick disconnect noise problem? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

warrior quick disconnect noise problem?

William Schumacher

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4X4
I just installed a set of these on my '99 a few weeks back,and I've been hearing a thumping sound,if I rock the drivers side nose up and down while under the truck I can see that there is some play with the upper threaded portion and the center section ?.I can see and hear the thumping due to the play where the upper pin goes through ?.has anyone had anything like this happen with them ?.
I took off another set of disconnects that that were on there for about a year or so,and were far superior to these in design {Perrson off road}they are out of business & the one I have were the last ones they made....but they were way too short.
I actually think that the nose is higher now ??,if that's at all possible ?.but that damn clanging/thump sound from the play is bothering me.

and the warrior site is down for some reason,
Does anyone have the phone # for warrior products ?
thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're right the warrior site is down. I'll see if I can find their number.

thanks !

I'm thinking that they didn't drill out the center section properly on the upper of the drivers side.

Brett's got those on his Sport and told me his were noisy too, a bigwaste of $$$$. Seems the home made setups work better.........

What about having your old one's extended a little?

I like the concept behind the warrior one'sbecause they are so quick to use, but the noise just isnt worth it. I plan to make my own like so many others ahead of me............

they basicly coppied Persson's design.

same pins,same clip,and these were being made for the Toyota crowd for a few years,these are so much thicker and hevier than the warriors.
I had the warriors installed by a shop while I was at work,I told the installer that I wanted the old set,he ruined one of the threaded ends{threads are crushed at the end of one of them}
these were made from a solid piece of SS.

Originally posted by William Schumacher
...and the warrior site is down for some reason,
Does anyone have the phone # for warrior products ?
thanks,

The Warrior Products site is up now. Their number is:
(503)691-8915 . . . . . . Toll Free 1-888-220-6861

Keep us posted on what they say about the disconnect noise.

they said when they get allot of road dirt on them,they will become tighter fitting. ?WTF ??

sorry I bought them,the sound is loud enough to bother me.

What about coating them with some paint or something? OR teflon tape?

Did you ask if there was anything you could do to decrease the amount of play around that pin?

Or fab something yourself?

the drivers side threaded piece broke....

off last week ? these were just plain pieces of crap.
what I did find out after cleaning up the Perrson off road disconnects,was that I could replace the threaded ends.{I have know idea why I never checked into that ? it was very easy to do }
so I placed an order for a "316" SS 3/8" threaded rod,that I made made 3/4" longer ,I changed out all the rods {top and bottom of each disconnect},being that I made them all 3/4" longer.....I was able to really space them out so they are now long enough !!
this came out very good.
I have to take a pic of these to show just how well they are made.

Back