washed up + few new things | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

washed up + few new things

allright..been awhile :p so heres some new shots. i finally got my emblem mounted to my billet grill. i'm sure not very many will like it..but i do cause its alittle different ;). i also got my summer wheels and tires installed and shes looking pretty sexy if i do say so myself :D ...my next mod on the way is a wing from David(cobraX) that looks very much like a saleen wing. hopfully i'll have that painted and installed by the end of april depending on how things work out.

anyways enough rambling heres some pics..

that would be the ocean out there..all ice coverd..lol
110190.jpg

and thats some frozen waterfalls on the side of the highway..
110191.jpg

then i ran it thru the touchless carwash yesterday to get all that nasty brown road grime off it...ofcourse its dirty again allready..but it was well worth it :confused:
..an yes i know i need to re-aim the hellas..there alil crooked. :p
110362.jpg

110360.jpg

110359.jpg

110363.jpg

110361.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that the Alaska RR in the first photograph?

I also spell-corrected the title. :thumbsup:

96limitedX said:
thanks adam! an yep thats the alaska railroad there in the first pic.

I've been wanting to take that vacation ride on the ARR where it goes from the extreme point south to the extreme point north. From the photos, the scenery up there looks amazing.

Boy...you guy's have some awesome scenery up there. :eek: Great looking Ex, summer wheels? Looks like your a long time away from summer. How many inches of snow do you average a year? We only get about 35" if we are lucky...way less than that this year. Keep up the good work and great pictures.

Drake

yeah the scenery is "allright" hehe..i'm not sure what the avg is in town here..but theres a snow pack of sbout 28" right now..thats after these warm days melted alot.

yeah i threw my summer tires/wheels on on march 11th..the main roads are just wet pavment..then it snowed again a few days later..LOL but its been in the 40s latly during the day and the roads are drying out real quick..so i did not want to wear my studded snow tires anymore.

and thanks!

Do they use salt or brine up there? Or sand /cinders because it gets too cold? It does not look like you have the typical rusting rocker problem....for a 10 year old Ex.

no they do not use salt here at all...they occasionaly sand..but there is nothing put on teh roads for melting. we do not have rust up here.... my '91 f-250 has not one spot of rust on it. only rusted cars/trucks came from outta state.

my X has absolutly no rust on it..lol neither does my moms '94...

Your Ford emblem is crooked :p

Reba sexy!

terdrocket said:
Your Ford emblem is crooked :p

Call me a traditionalists, or old or anything you want. I think your emblem deserves to be right in the middle of the grill. I looks, to me, like its about ready to fall off. Or as my dad used to say when I took the hub caps off the car in 1963 " It looks like an unmade bed". :)
Other than that your X looks great and the pic composition is great.

hehe yeah i figured that was coming. its deff not everyones cup of tea..i'm aware haha. prolly more of a "hate it or love it" kinda thing. i just wanted somthing alittle different and out of the norm.

and thanks! i'm workin on finding nice places to take nice pics..the clean pics where out behind subway..not the nicest place..lol

i went out to that same spot yesterday and got some nice shots when it was clear and sunny. should i post'em up?..they turned out pretty nice.

Nice pics and clean X. Remember you only have one chance to make a first impression. And that first impression that one gets when your driving towards someone, is that your emblem is falling off. No matter where you put it, IMO it should at least be level.

its not falling off. its very sucure..LOL it doesnt look like its falling off to me. it looks like its custom..you say potatos i say potatos ya know. oh well...lol but thanks

Dont misunderstand this,,,,,
I love your ex no doubt, but in the vast majority of your pictures I cant help but over look your ride and just take in the scenery !!!!!!!!!! Some of the most beautyful back grounds of any I have seen.
:thumbsup:

I'll second the "custom" look on the emblem.

rookieshooter said:
Nice pics and clean X. Remember you only have one chance to make a first impression. And that first impression that one gets when your driving towards someone, is that your emblem is falling off. No matter where you put it, IMO it should at least be level.

That's sort of what I thought when I saw it. Hey, as long as he likes it, that's all that matters.

MONMIX, heres some more for ya..i went out there on a sunny day yesterday.. :thumbsup: ;)
8520261448.jpg

8520525010.jpg

8520582045.jpg

8521004327.jpg

8521033573.jpg

8521021679.jpg

and i had alittle fun on my way back into town..hehe :D
8521091217.jpg

Nice Nice truck! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That emblem will look straight the minute he hits a right 30 degree incline :p :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MONMIX said:
Some of the most beautyful back grounds of any I have seen.
:thumbsup:

No doubt Alaska is gorgeous (never been, but I would love to. My wife has been). Alberta is a LOT closer to MD, Kevin. Come visit some time. This shot is taken while standing over my bike on one of my fave mountainbike trails about an hour west of Calgary. There are many most superb vistas near by, many accessible by street Explorers too if you don't mind some dust in the summer and some pretty nice hardpack snow in the winter. :D

Minnewanka_102002-14.jpg

Back