• Register Today It's free!

Few New Things

Mounty 09

Reaction score
City, State
Nothern IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
Well yesterday I added a set of projector headlights and a set of new shoes. Once it gets warm out I will be mounting a set of sliders I got for Christmas. Still need to put my brush guard back on. Kind of don't want to because It will hide these awesome lights. I know the hood and grill look like crap. Hoping this spring or summer I can get a black explorer grill and put a black billet insert in. Really light the mountaineer grill but they are hard to find and expensive. I will get a new hood someday.

2011-01-05171107.jpg

2011-01-05171122.jpg

2011-01-04124044.jpg

2011-01-04124032.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She looks awesome mate!!

that's a damn good lookin truck...reminds me a lot of mine haha:p:

Looks good, how is the light output at night? I heard those lights suck at night and it is very hard to see.

I gotta agree with everyone else. That is one sweet a$$ Mounty mate! :eek:

I actually think they are better than my stock ones. Now the old ones did have about 163000 miles on them so can't compare them to new ones.

Very sharp lookin truck. Nice work.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well went out to the yard today and got a blue grill off of a explorer. Once it gets warm out I plan on painting it black and mounting it, then order a black billet grill to fit in it. Hoping it turns out good.

Do you reckon you could post a clip of your 'no muffler mod'?

Do you reckon you could post a clip of your 'no muffler mod'?

I will post a link later(I'm on my phone) but if you search YouTube for "mountaineer lope" you should be able to find it. My YouTube user name is mtb09. Its when a vacuum cap popped off but gives you a good idea of what it sounds like. Its the the stock 4 cats with dual pipes bolted to the flange that exit out the side.

Thank's mate.
Awesome, it doesn't get lumpier than that. Beautiful music!

Haha ya makes me wish I had a cam. Maybe someday when I get out of school.

Back