Water coming into my car through the interior lights!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Water coming into my car through the interior lights!!!!

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have my appointment tomorrow for the leak...hope it goes well, we even have it set up so that they pass the car thru the car was to redo the setting. I'll let you guys know how it goes

Thanks for the update, Joeymustang. We'll look forward to hearing how the appointment went!

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joeymustang,

Look at this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334643. I had the exact thing happen. It turned out to be a kinked water line; took the dealer a week to find the issue but they did!

Thanks for the info!

Well, here's the uptade...

Took the car in Saturday at 8 am, explained to the rep the issue (great guy, he's always been on my side of issues) and they already had some tokens ready to pass the car through the car wash to replicate the scene. Sure enough, somebody got wet...so they tore down the headliner, went back through the car wash and found that the leak was coming from the front windshield!!! There was a sealing issue, they fixed that and all is working well now.

My bumper-to-bumper warranty is running out now (im at 35.5k miles right now and I'm going to Vegas for new years eve which is like 800 mile round trip) but its good to have it on record now just in case it happens again.

oh and they did the MFT update, all good so far :thumbsup:

Congrats on getting the "fix". I would never have guessed the windshield.

Our Ex is spending Christmas at the dealer. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them to check the windshield area.

Our Ex is spending Christmas at the dealer. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them to check the windshield area.

I sure hope you get yours fixed up :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on how things go at the dealership, Edgieguy. If you need any assistance, I'll be here. :)

Crystal

Keep us posted on how things go at the dealership, Edgieguy. If you need any assistance, I'll be here. :)

Crystal

Tough to even get an update for myself, my dealer won't call me back. Either they're backed up because of the holiday, they don't know what the problems are or they can't fix them.... I thought it was funny that while on hold the dealership has a message that says they're the Ford award winner for "Fix it right the first time dealer"

Ok, spoke to the dealer yesterday and they said they haven't called because they they have nothing new to tell. He actually said that they have no clue what to do.... not very confidence inspiring...

Crystal

Okay, so we got our Explorer back from the dealer yesterday. They even washed it and it didn't leak! They pulled up and it was clean and sparkly and my wife seemed happy to be getting her truck back... until we saw it...and we both did. Sometime over the past 30 days (we dropped it off Dec 10) they put a long crease in the bottom of the rear driver side door bottom. Its light, but yet deep enough for light to reflect off it and show it off. The service manager came out, saw it right away, apologized and said he'd have paint less dent removal service take care of it. So, this means that the Ex will spend yet another day at the dealer. This is 70 days at the dealer since the first leak happened!

Okay, so we got our Explorer back from the dealer yesterday. They even washed it and it didn't leak! They pulled up and it was clean and sparkly and my wife seemed happy to be getting her truck back... until we saw it...and we both did. Sometime over the past 30 days (we dropped it off Dec 10) they put a long crease in the bottom of the rear driver side door bottom. Its light, but yet deep enough for light to reflect off it and show it off. The service manager came out, saw it right away, apologized and said he'd have paint less dent removal service take care of it. So, this means that the Ex will spend yet another day at the dealer. This is 70 days at the dealer since the first leak happened!

Hi Edgieguy,

Have you contacted Customer Service Manager Cynthia about the latest developments with your vehicle? Send me a PM with your current mileage and I can arrange for her to follow up with you.

Thanks,

Crystal

Hi Edgieguy,

Have you contacted Customer Service Manager Cynthia about the latest developments with your vehicle? Send me a PM with your current mileage and I can arrange for her to follow up with you.

Thanks,

Crystal

I left a message on Saturday for her when we discovered the the leak. The dealership is dumbfounded, especially after they said they had a Ford engineer in to look at it.

I left a message on Saturday for her when we discovered the the leak. The dealership is dumbfounded, especially after they said they had a Ford engineer in to look at it.

Hey Edgieguy,

Thanks for the PM. I arranged for your CSM to reach out to you by close of business tomorrow. Keep me in the loop!

Crystal

Back