We may be getting a new Ford :D | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We may be getting a new Ford :D

Well Rick, if your worried about saving some insurance money, buy the Mustang, sell the Dodge truck, and use the Golf as your tow vehicle. Im sure it will tow a 6000 pound explorer, right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL, well the insurance wasn't as bad as I thought, It was only about $300 more a year. Not sure why they told me more the first time, but hey I'm not going to complain :D

It sucks being 19, my Insurance rapes me, i was paying almost 3 grand a year for insurance on my X, and $40 a month on my '70 Mustang, then I changed the mustang to my primary driver and my X is only 300 every 6 months. I was saving up for the 2005 Lightnings but when I heard my insurance would be in the neighborhood of $5,000 a year, I decided i'd spend that to make it faster than a lightning ;)

Originally posted by ChopinOn22s
It sucks being 19, my Insurance rapes me, i was paying almost 3 grand a year for insurance on my X, and $40 a month on my '70 Mustang, then I changed the mustang to my primary driver and my X is only 300 every 6 months. I was saving up for the 2005 Lightnings but when I heard my insurance would be in the neighborhood of $5,000 a year, I decided i'd spend that to make it faster than a lightning ;)

Unfortunately your insurance won't go down significantly until your atleast 25. The insurance companies still consider any male under the age of 25 a serious risk, henceforth you get a higher rate. Also where you live will also make a difference in your rate.

Originally posted by Blee1099
Unfortunately your insurance won't go down significantly until your atleast 25.
Being married also makes a big difference. Come to think of it having a red color car cost more to insure than brown. :rolleyes:

Yep, my auto insurance would still be about $700+ every 6 months since I'm still 24 years old if I still didn't keep the Mounty on my dad's insurance plan and titled under his name, and my homeowner's policy is with the same company.

As for the Mustang, do it. They like getting flogged.

Originally posted by Alec
No more driving to Moab on one tank of gas!

Actually.... the last time, the Golf didn't make it to Moab, no matter how many tanks of gas! :D

.... breaking down in yahoo holler and only travelling halfway is not, IMO, a good way to save fuel :rolleyes:

Congrats! :) I'd like to request a ridealong down Main St, if that's okay :bounce:

Back