WeatherTech DigitalFit Floormats- Bad Fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WeatherTech DigitalFit Floormats- Bad Fit?

Pirate

Reaction score
City, State
Asheville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Limited
Just a few days ago I received my WeatherTech DigitalFit Floormats.. Woohoo!

Installed in my 2003 Ford Explorer and honestly.. I was expecting a perfect fit for the price... The driver's side by the far left-side kick-plate doesn't fit well at all.. It doesn't fit flush in the top-left corner... It sits up maybe 2" from the actual floor and kick-plate...Everywhere else on that side fits perfect..... Right side fits like a glove....

I spoke with WeatherTech and they were surprised and claimed to never have heard of this issue. I sent them the following pic and they suggested I could cut the mat down with a knife (and they'd refund $10 for my trouble) or return them.. Their customer service is very good, BTW... No issues there.

My question is.. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm dissapointed. If I'd known the fit was no better than this.. I would have bought something else.

Problemarea1.jpg

My WeatherTech floor mats fit just as poorly as yours sadly and I also got the exact same response from them when I called. They didn't tell me to cut them, instead I was told you use a heat gun...

I have WeatherTech floor mats in other vehicles and the fit is top notch, I don't know what it is wrong with their mold for the explorer.

Back