• Register Today It's free!

Weekend Fab Project

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Decided to make a few mods to my 89 B2. Some time back I had gotten a tube front bumper from a member on another forum. I added a front receiver hitch for use with a Multi-mount winch and also for a hitch carrier. I decided that I didn't like the multi-mount setup and wanted to change it. First, the receiver hitch was welded to the bumper mount. Then a winch plate was welded to the bumper/hitch combo. I had to extend the frame horns to make room for the winch, but I think it came out pretty good.

Then I moved on to adding some steps. I had looked into getting some nerf bars or a hoop type step. Everything I found was either a universal step, was expensive, something I might have to modify to make work. I didn't like those options. Decided to order a set of the 58" Trail Gear Rock Sliders. They are way stronger than anything I had found, and not much more expensive. I set up my sliders to be steps more so than a slider so that's why they are mounted how they are. I should get some paint on them this weekend.

Last thing I'm working on is a roof rack. I don't have any pictures of that yet, but I'll add those pics when I get a chance.

Let me know what y'all think.

http://s647.photobucket.com/user/SmokeEater829/library/1989%20Ford%20Bronco%202/Fab%20work

Like it. Would like to see a still pic of it sideways though instead of the slide show. As soon as I start looking at it, it changes.

Sorry about the slide show. I changed the link. Should be individual pics now.

Back